Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two Basket Case Beauties from Bygone Days

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
They both came in the same day much to my surprise. Here are a couple of Unboxing Videos.

Before I give it away. What is so odd about this jacket? I didn't even notice when I bought it.

DSC04015.JPG

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
A Winner! Sometimes they are hard to see in pics, but there are none there! I'm not sure if I have seen this before.
What have I won? One minute of free jacket shopping in your place? :p

I haven't seen one before either. I wonder how this came about. The machinist had a bad Monday and forgot to add a pocket? They ran out of zippers? Or maybe it was a prototype / sample?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Leathertogs are from the 30s and these Hercules jackets are from the 50s right?

Anyway, looks like it's not that odd after all. There's one without the handwarmer pocket featured in the lightning magazine.

By Gosh there it is! Nice to have such good eyes.

View attachment 355611
Some D pockets also had only a single handwarmer.

Here is is with one handwarmer pocket and no half-belt.

DSC09120.jpg
DSC09125.jpg

dsc04021-jpg.355590

I saw that RP. You have larger giblets than I, going for two jackets in that state. Good on ya.

I believe that Herc is 40s.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I saw that RP. You have larger giblets than I, going for two jackets in that state. Good on ya.

I believe that Herc is 40s.

I had a few RP jackets that added to the motivation/desire. I need the cuffs for another jacket and the label too. The rest is for future needs. If it had been a toasted Cal Case you would have been more interested. It is a parts jacket. Probably size 38.

I'll put the Herc in the Hercules Thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112