Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two beaver top hats sz 6 7/8, a NWT/NOS A&F bowler sz 7, and a panama hat sz 7 1/4

Reuben

New in Town
Look, I have no idea what I've got here. I just had a couple people from AAAC recommend I post these here. I think they're good to great quality, but then again I know almost nothing about hats and I'm probably not even listing them under the right names. Please message me if I need to add more information, different pictures, ect. If my prices are absurdly high, let me know. If they're absurdly low, feel free to take advantage of that if you like. If you feel guilty about it though, feel free to let me know I should raise the prices.

At the prices I've listed, I shouldn't lose money but I'll hardly make a killing. I just wanted to rescue these from being used as chintzy decorations at a generic sports bar and get them to someone who'd appreciate them. If you want to check my bona fides as a seller, I can put you in touch with the dozen or so satisfied people in AAAC I've sold to before.

Beaver fur top hat, used, ~size 6 7/8: $60

jLfxHuql.jpg

k5LiIIss.jpg
vJaYjZLs.jpg
ukzpyaYs.jpg
ZfiCMBos.jpg

Not something you see every day, and the final touch for a black tie outfit. This genuine beaver fur made-in-America top hat shows a little wear and could likely use a little TLC, but is in excellent used condition. If these were a pair of suede shoes, I'd say the nap is a little flat but nothing a little TLC with a suede brush couldn't fix. As this is a hat, though, I have no idea what that means.

UNWORN Made in England beaver fur top hat, size 6 7/8: $100

lsYC0f8l.jpg

kVSH1JJs.jpg
ORkGtbUs.jpg

I can't see a single sign of this hat ever having been worn, it is absolutely pristine. Made in England, this is the sort of hat you will probably never see again, especially at these prices. I have a box that came with it, no guarantee it's the original box but it seems to be the right age. Company name on the box is Dobbs. As the box is incredibly bulky, though, shipping in it would add at least $20 to the price.

Reuben

New in Town
Straw Panama hat, tagged size 7 1/4: $35

e9sHYgW.jpg

bfuxMS8.jpg

Great hat, too small for my giant head. Made in Ecuador, looks to be pretty good quality, lightly worn at most.

NWT/NOS Abercrombie and Fitch Bowler, tagged size 7: $50

jbL7acel.jpg

O3uUR3Ms.jpg
PY02swLs.jpg
rHIk02ws.jpg
Y27lQ18s.jpg

New with tags, from back when Abercrombie and Fitch was a quality name.

(fingers crossed I formatted everything correctly)

Reuben

New in Town
Oh, and if you want to trade me for a hat, good luck! :p I'm a 7 7/8 to an 8 narrow and tall, judging from my (equestrian) riding helmet size, or an XXL football helmet. I'd list my ball cap size, but I've never had one that fit. I am interested in size 46L jackets, 40/38-30+ pants, 17.5-36 shirts, 10-10.5 C-D shoes (especially a nice dress boot), and good braces, ties, and bow ties of a more Ivy/Southern Preppy/Trad persuasion.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Reuben, I'm interested in the first hat listed. Having no luck sending a PM - looks like you don't have enough posts to allow me to do so. Please contact me by the link in my profile. I'm in Lawrenceville, so I can find a way to meet you if that would work for you.

Editing to add that , depending on the fit, I may prefer to take the other off your hands if you're willing.

- Mark

Last edited:

Reuben

New in Town
Reuben, I'm interested in the first hat listed. Having no luck sending a PM - looks like you don't have enough posts to allow me to do so. Please contact me by the link in my profile. I'm in Lawrenceville, so I can find a way to meet you if that would work for you.

Editing to add that , depending on the fit, I may prefer to take the other off your hands if you're willing.

- Mark

Hmm, and I don't have enough posts to directly contact you. I added you as a friend which might work, but feel free to email me at reubenar at earthlink dot net. If you pick them up in person we can definitely knock the cost of shipping off of the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot