Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two grey Akubra: the Federation and Turin

schanop

New in Town
Hi there,

I have a few more photos of my two grey akubra to share. RBH, ealier asked me to post photos of my grey Federation. Here are a few shots of it:

I have posted a couple more photos of the federation over here.

Below images are Akubra Turin in Moonstone Grey. I got it from Anton in the SKygarden, Sydney CBD. No one else seems to stock this model, so I was kind of lucky to be able to try on. I decided to buy this one directly from Anton at a little higher price tag rather than wait for three more months to get one made through other retailers.

Here is my question: does this style of a hat have any specific name or category? Ron of the Hattery mentioned to me once that it is European looking.

This lid comes with a yellowish/goldenish lining, quite beautiful. You can find a couple more photos of this lid here.

Finally, a comparison between the two hats on me:

Ciao, Chanop

Edward

Bartender
Nice hats! Really useful to see them modelled on the same person as well - it's hard from a picture of the hat alone to get as really good idea of what ap particular brim width / crown height looks like in reality - at least for the realtively inexperienced among us like myself anyhow. :)

Achille

Familiar Face
Great pics Schanop !!!
I love the federation, the problem is that it is as beautfull in brown and in grey:eusa_doh: .

The turin is also nice on you but more difficult to wear on me.

J.M

Rooster

Practically Family
Dang, I'm going to have to get a grey Federation......:eusa_doh:
Those things are great!

schanop

New in Town
Thank you every one. I am still getting used to the brim width of the Federation my self. It does takes some time to feel comfortable. At least I will keep wearing this bash for sometimes for this grey Fedreration.

Chau, Chanop

steppenwolph

Familiar Face
It is so helpful to see the two hats photographed the same way on the same person. It really shows the differences between the two hats. Very educational. Anyway, Schanop, you wear them both well. Thank you for sharing. Great pics.

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
Colby Jack said:
Isn't that Turin basically a German Alpine style hat?
CJ
Yup, that's what occurred to me as well. Now, all you need is lederhosen and... Nah, that's a nice hat, but I do love the Fed more!

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
Achille said:
Great pics Schanop !!!
I love the federation, the problem is that it is as beautfull in brown and in grey:eusa_doh: .
Don't forget the tawny fawn! I have one of those and I think it's gorgeous. It looks great with browns, greens, black, and various blues, especially navy.

I also have a moonstone Fed IV Deluxe on the way. Mmmm, can't wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy