Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two premier highwaymen

Mattofumi

New in Town
Thanks all.

Downunder G Man I’m in Kiama NSW. Top of 17 today so perfect jacket weather here.

Ton312 and Monitor- I am sure you are right about the length. Carrie really knows her stuff. Nailed the fit based on about 3 bits of info I sent her.

What a grand entrance!
@Mattofumi has shown us how it should be done gentlemen.
These jackets look and fit fantastic! You did it right, sir...
Now “get out while you can! Don’t look back except to show us update photos once in awhile.”
I also think that your choice of Vicenza for this style was a home run...I have one in CXL that doesn’t drape as nicely as yours do. Bravo!

Last edited:

Finn Vigorous

One of the Regulars
Welcome and congrats: two PHWMs with perfect fit is quite a start.

Is that an August collar in the russet one btw? Got one in my Sheene and really like it, but decided to order my upcoming PHWM with the standard one.

Mattofumi

New in Town
Thanks for the welcome. I have been constantly amazed at how approachable and welcoming everyone is at FL.

Finn Vigorous I’m not sure what the collar on the russet jacket is called. Carrie just said there is a less pointy collar they can specify and my order sheet says “modified premier collar (slightly smaller, less pointed)”. Don’t think it’s the August specifically.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Perfect on both of these!! Very nice fit and as others have said, just touch base here with us once in a while they run off & Wear those beauties! :)

You did the exact right thing using Carrie & Thurston brothers, I had never heard of Aero until I walked into their store in 2013 expecting to check out Vanson products. I realized soon afterward that she really knows her subject and bu using their fit process, I was able to get jacket sized correctly for me. There may be deals that come up here and there, but by and large, it was a much better choice to do that from the get-go. Saved a lot of $$$ and frustration overall. Good work!

Mattofumi

New in Town
What a grand entrance!
@Mattofumi has shown us how it should be done gentlemen.
These jackets look and fit fantastic! You did it right, sir...
Now “get out while you can! Don’t look back except to show us update photos once in awhile.”
I also think that your choice of Vicenza for this style was a home run...I have one in CXL that doesn’t drape as nicely as yours do. Bravo!
Love the look of aged CXL HH but was worried having young kids that they might discover that they can scratch pictures or their names on the leather with their fingernails and cover it with graffiti one day. Then I’d have to go through the process of selling them on the internet. The kids that is, not the jackets.

Anyone ever had a CXL HH jacket badly marked/scratched? Does it buff out or is there always some mark left?

Mine still has a few scratches from 2 owners ago. They are a little upsetting, but I decided best to “let it go”. They add to the history of the jacket.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner