Two premier highwaymen

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Mattofumi, May 11, 2020.

1. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Welcome to the forum! Great choice. Very well done and both jackets look great and fit is spot on!

Mattofumi likes this.
  2. Mattofumi

Mattofumi New in Town

Thanks all.

Downunder G Man I’m in Kiama NSW. Top of 17 today so perfect jacket weather here.

Ton312 and Monitor- I am sure you are right about the length. Carrie really knows her stuff. Nailed the fit based on about 3 bits of info I sent her.

Downunder G Man likes this.
  3. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

As good a fit on a PHM as I have seen. And not one, but two! Back-to-back home runs.

Mattofumi likes this.
  4. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

You did a whole lot better than I did when I first got into leather jackets! Well done!

Worf

Mattofumi likes this.
  5. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

What a grand entrance!
    @Mattofumi has shown us how it should be done gentlemen.
    These jackets look and fit fantastic! You did it right, sir...
    Now “get out while you can! Don’t look back except to show us update photos once in awhile.”
    I also think that your choice of Vicenza for this style was a home run...I have one in CXL that doesn’t drape as nicely as yours do. Bravo!

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    Mattofumi likes this.
  6. willyto

willyto One Too Many

As good as it gets. Both look spot on to me.

Having one of each colour means you have the whole range of jackets you really need.

dan_t and Mattofumi like this.
  7. Markoman

Markoman New in Town

" No plans to buy more anytime soon."

Nobody "plans" on buying more anytime soon....

Benny Holiday, dan_t and Mattofumi like this.
  8. Finn Vigorous

Finn Vigorous Familiar Face

Welcome and congrats: two PHWMs with perfect fit is quite a start.

Is that an August collar in the russet one btw? Got one in my Sheene and really like it, but decided to order my upcoming PHWM with the standard one.

Mattofumi likes this.
  9. Mattofumi

Mattofumi New in Town

Thanks for the welcome. I have been constantly amazed at how approachable and welcoming everyone is at FL.

Finn Vigorous I’m not sure what the collar on the russet jacket is called. Carrie just said there is a less pointy collar they can specify and my order sheet says “modified premier collar (slightly smaller, less pointed)”. Don’t think it’s the August specifically.

10. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Ya done good.

Mattofumi likes this.
  11. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Perfect on both of these!! Very nice fit and as others have said, just touch base here with us once in a while they run off & Wear those beauties! :)

You did the exact right thing using Carrie & Thurston brothers, I had never heard of Aero until I walked into their store in 2013 expecting to check out Vanson products. I realized soon afterward that she really knows her subject and bu using their fit process, I was able to get jacket sized correctly for me. There may be deals that come up here and there, but by and large, it was a much better choice to do that from the get-go. Saved a lot of $$$ and frustration overall. Good work!

Mattofumi likes this.
  12. Mattofumi

Mattofumi New in Town

Love the look of aged CXL HH but was worried having young kids that they might discover that they can scratch pictures or their names on the leather with their fingernails and cover it with graffiti one day. Then I’d have to go through the process of selling them on the internet. The kids that is, not the jackets.

Anyone ever had a CXL HH jacket badly marked/scratched? Does it buff out or is there always some mark left?

Fonzie likes this.
  13. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Mine still has a few scratches from 2 owners ago. They are a little upsetting, but I decided best to “let it go”. They add to the history of the jacket.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  14. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

Those both fit amazingly well. Great looking jackets.

15. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

Welcome to another Aussie, and a nice part of the world you're in too, mate - Kiama. Perfect fit, just in time for winter to arrive. The style suits you. Congrats!

Mattofumi likes this.