Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

two questions from a noob

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
I'm sorry you've had such bad experiences with Chinese security. I haven't had any problem coming into Shanghai or Beijing with hats. Even my Optimo panama was unscathed.

Maybe I've just been lucky. But I do admire all the traveling you have done, Blackthorn. Your pictures of the many destinations you've visited are an inspiration.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I'm sorry you've had such bad experiences with Chinese security. I haven't had any problem coming into Shanghai or Beijing with hats. Even my Optimo panama was unscathed.

Maybe I've just been lucky. But I do admire all the traveling you have done, Blackthorn. Your pictures of the many destinations you've visited are an inspiration.
Thank you for your kind words, KingAndrew. Actually I've been to China three times since getting into fedoras, and the only really bad time was this last time, flying into Kunming. I shouldn't generalize, I know, it's just that this most recent time really got to me. But I do realize it was just few among so many security officers. While most are very aggressive, I have also run into a few who were very nice. It's just that those have been in the minority. But for the record, I flew into and out of Shanghai 2 years ago (with a VS hat) and had a great time. What a city!
DSCN0666.jpg

DSCN0699.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav