Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two Reproduction Campaign Hats, fur felt, size 7½

Corky

Practically Family
Two Reproduction Campaign Hats, fur felt, size 7½

Two tan 1980’s-1990’s fedora hats, (let’s call them Reproduction Campaign Hats). Both are size 7½. Each has a modified diamond bash.

The Hat with the Star has the type of Star perforations sometimes found on each side of vintage cavalry and campaign hats and the Hat without the Star doesn’t.

The Hat with the Star has a leather sweatband, the Hat without the Star has a fabric sweatband.

The Hat with the Star’s leather sweatband reads: Stagecoach TM, Resistol Self-Conforming, First Western Boot & Clothing Company, Inc.

Both hats feel like fur felt. The Hat Without A Star has a slightly silkier feel and is a lot softer. It could possibly use some hat stiffener, but I’ll leave that up to you.

The Hat With A Star is a Resistol, not a Beaver Brand, but I will include a hat liner for the The Hat with the Star – gold satin with Beaver Brand markings for $2.00 extra if desired.

Brim on The Hat With A Star measures 2 ¾ inches. Circumference is 58 cm. Has grommet holes over the ears for attaching a wind string,

Brim on The Hat Without A Star measures 2 7/8 inches. Circumference is 59 cm.

Both hats fit my size 7 ½ head.

CampHats1.jpg

CampHats2.jpg

CampHatsStar3.jpg

CampHats4.jpg

CampHats5.jpg

Note: in writing this ad, I looked closely at both hats for moth damage. I honestly did not notice any moth damage until I started writing this note.

The Hat with the Star has one pinhead sized hole at the top of the pinch crease in front.

The Hat Without a Star has about six barely noticeable moth dents on the underside of the brim.

Approximate shipping cost is $15.00

The moth damage on each hat is hard to see. For Spanish-American War era reproduction hats, the moth holes kind of look like range marks or the sort of storage damage that one finds on original hats from that period.

Hat Measurement Note: When I purchase a new hat, I get a size 7 ½.

I don’t understand these contradictory measurements: I have owned these hats for a few years and they all fit my size 7 1/2 head. However, when I was measuring the interior circumference for these notes, my measurements were a little off. A size 7 ½ should be 60 cm and when I measured these hats, they seemed to measure out a centimeter or two less than that at 58 cm or 59 cm. Yet they all fit my head fine or are a bit loose. It is possible that my measurements are a bit off, as my fingers and the measuring tape was continually sliding off the leather sweatbands, but I want to be clear up front and to answer any questions you might have.

The Price we agree to does not include shipping by Priority US Mail or UPS Ground. I assume you will pay shipping cost.

Please communicate with me by Personal Message.

Approximate shipping cost is stated. Will refund if it costs less to ship.

All items sold as is and are described to the best of my ability.

Make me an offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails