Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TY Schott! TFL Help Me Decide

Silver or Black

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dannyk

One Too Many
Well..I think the 'antiqued brass' stars would look great with the brass hardware. The slight difference would make the stars stand out a little.
Had the same thought. I’ll see what standard brass looks like just to make sure. Why not when it’s free? But I am leaning this way for sure.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Quick little update. As suspected the receipt that said brass was wrong and these are the antique. Schott is sending the regular brass to me free, to see which brass looks better. So that’s going to be 4 sets of stars for free, no shipping, and the brass was requested for a Vanson they should have no interest in helping.

Also in my talks with Jerri I mentioned how the Legendary Black Stallion is pretty much universally loved for its design amongst collectors but could have a better version made up. For the original cost i believe was like 500-600 probably in that range was fine. But was nothing special or a cut above so to speak. I told her they should make it again as an actual Schott USA jacket and use their thicker nicer leather they have on their 613SH. Or it would be the perfect design to do in one of their semi-regular these days Horween collabs. To my surprise instead of saying yeah nice thought or ignoring me she actually said she would pass it on as it made sense and was a good idea. I’m not foolish enough to believe anything at all would ever come from it or anyone would carehaha. But hey if this happens in the next year I demand a free or at least discounted model! Ha

If it happens, we shall call you "The Stallion"

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Had the same thought. I’ll see what standard brass looks like just to make sure. Why not when it’s free? But I am leaning this way for sure.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing how the bright brass ones turned out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails