Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Type II jacket review x3. Denim, Roughout and waxed canvas/leather

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Yep. It's a bummer because it's very well constructed and I love the color. It almost leans towards orange, while most of the suede/roughout jackets I've seen are more beige/tan. Like the Schott Duke.
View attachment 301890

I think @dudewuttheheck Freewheelers Lot 667 is the best suede/roughout jacket I've seen. Beautiful vibrant color and perfect fit with original proportions.

View attachment 301891

I even thought about having the Y2 shortened. But I think that would make it look odd because of the spacing between the buttons which would become uneven.
Agreed, I really like the color of yours and it does look to be well made, but as you said, shortening it would through the proportions of the buttons all off. It doesn't look bad on you at all, it's just that I think the Levi's looks perfect.

Thanks! I am extremely pleased with this jacket. I don't usually make impulse purchases, but this was an exception and I am quite happy that I made it. I love the fit and am a huge fan of golden/orange leathers that have very rich, saturated tones so this jacket was perfect for me.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! I am extremely pleased with this jacket. I don't usually make impulse purchases, but this was an exception and I am quite happy that I made it. I love the fit and am a huge fan of golden/orange leathers that have very rich, saturated tones so this jacket was perfect for me.
A lot of my impulse purchases turned out to be great purchases. You don't overthink your choices like you're inclined to do when ordering custom. Also, it aided me to venture into new styles. My first D-pocket was an impulse buy. Before owning one, I would have considered the style too 'hardcore mc' for me. It has become one of my favorite jackets.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
A lot of my impulse purchases turned out to be great purchases. You don't overthink your choices like you're inclined to do when ordering custom. Also, it aided me to venture into new styles. My first D-pocket was an impulse buy. Before owning one, I would have considered the style too 'hardcore mc' for me. It has become one of my favorite jackets.
Yup agreed. Sometimes going with your gut will get you a better result. It's similar for me. I never would have thought to buy a suede jacket or a denim-style leather jacket before and yet here we are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner