"Un-dying" a leather jacket that was dyed?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Navin323i, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Navin323i

Navin323i Practically Family

That's strange... I never got your PM. My inbox was briefly full at one point so perhaps you sent the message to me but didn't notice the system-generated message indicating my mailbox was full... my apologies.

Thanks for the good info... I'll look into that option of finding acetone. I wonder if nail polish remover would work too (my wife has a bottle of that).

2. cptjeff

cptjeff Practically Family

Nail polish remover is acetone.

Also, I would really recommend using a leather conditioner after using any sort of solvent on leather. Otherwise you dry it out and could do some serious damage.

3. Navin323i

Navin323i Practically Family

You know... that's what I thought too but figured I'd wait and see if someone would say they're the same... thanks. :D

Yeah, I definitely will use leather conditioner (Pecards). I will look at doing a small spot test with the nail polish remover (maybe in the armpit area of the jacket so it won't be too noticeable) and see how it looks.