Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unboxing my new Black Mod Suit from Indochino.

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
As I mentioned in the Show Us Your Suits thread, I ordered one of Indochino's Black Mod Suits and one of their Ultimate Utility Shirts last week (I scored the $80 shirt 100% free with a coupon code I found via Google), and after a loooong week-and-a-half of waiting, it finally arrived. ^_^

I present to you, my unboxing.

The box arrived wrapped in a heavy black paper. It was a bit beat up, but that would be expected seeing as how it came from Shanghai.
DSC00388-2.jpg

The gleaming white box within the black paper.
DSC00393-2.jpg

DSC00392-2.jpg

Everything came nicely protected and wrapped in tissue paper, topped with a white portfolio.
DSC00394-2.jpg

The portfolio came with care instructions and tailoring into.
DSC00398-2.jpg

They even included two measuring tapes.
DSC00401-2.jpg

Continued....

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
Time to get to the good part...
DSC00399-2.jpg

...and break the seal.
DSC00400-2.jpg

Their method of folding the jacket inside-out-ish confounded me a bit, but I guess it was to reduce wrinkles?
DSC00402-2.jpg

Custom Made
DSC00405-2.jpg

Free monogramming in the left inside breast pocket.
DSC00403-2.jpg

The shirt is also custom cut.
DSC00406-2.jpg

Ribbon detail
DSC00407-2.jpg

Fabric detail. The description says it's 100% cotton, though it has an almost "waxy" feeling to it? It's great, though, and fits like a glove.
DSC00410-2.jpg

I completely forgot I also got free monogramming on the shirt. I opted for white on white, on the left cuff. Subtle, simple, and classy.
DSC00411-2.jpg

I certainly didn't expect the free garment bag, either. It's a very welcome surprise, though, as I only have two others, which are in use for another suit and a blazer.
DSC00409-2.jpg

The pants and jacket are both hanging up, now, to remove the wrinkles, but I'll try to get some photos of the full suit tomorrow. Until then I'll have to leave you in suspense. ^_~

As a person with a marketing background, I can say that I like the packaging concepts and presentation.

The modern look, the style of print, the care in the way it was packaged and the added value items comes together to say we have done a very good job for you.

The portfolio of tailoring and care instructions is excellent.

The measuring tapes are a reminder to use them again when you are looking for more clothes.

The clothes bag says we want you to enjoy this suit for a long time to come and remember who you got it from.

Superb!

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
MisterCairo said:
Was the siut sent to you through Victoria, BC? I see you're in Ogden, Utah.

Also looking forward to seeing the suit in action!

FedEx tracks it from Shanghai, China; to Anchorage, Alaska; to Memphis, Tennessee; and finally to Salt Lake City and Ogden. So it probably flew over BC.

The wrinkles seem to be relaxing out of the jacket, but the creases may take some time. I think I'll take it to the dry cleaner and see if they can just de-wrinkle-ify it for me.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Looks great on you! :eusa_clap

That's a modern suit that I might be willing to slink out of my 'vintage only' rule on dress clothes for.

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
A note on your measurements if you do order one:

The jacket and shirt fit perfectly, but I may have measured too tight from the start, so the pants were a bit too tight around the waist. I used some of my tailoring credit to have them let out by an inch and the fit perfectly, now. Also, the pants are a lower cut, and sit just below the waist, and I might suggest adding 1/2" to 1" to the crotch measurement. They're also no break at the cuffs.

All and all the suit is cut to fit close to the body (which I love). If you want something more relaxed, you'll want to measure slightly larger, especially in the pants.

I'm already considering a second suit from Indochino (if I could find a buyer for my Alfani suit); maybe their Alternative Pinstrip Suit. Being a return customer I'm definitely going to opt for the functional sleeve buttons.

Tzedekh

New in Town
The suit looks good and fits well. My only criticism -- and it's the same gripe I have with just about every online tailor I've seen -- is that the boutonniere hole is a keyhole buttonhole. I prefer the traditional boutonniere hole. It's similar to the keyhole, except that it's just a slit (there's no bulbous flare at one end).

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
Hexenmeister said:
A note on your measurements if you do order one:

The jacket and shirt fit perfectly, but I may have measured too tight from the start, so the pants were a bit too tight around the waist. I used some of my tailoring credit to have them let out by an inch and the fit perfectly, now. Also, the pants are a lower cut, and sit just below the waist, and I might suggest adding 1/2" to 1" to the crotch measurement. They're also no break at the cuffs.

All and all the suit is cut to fit close to the body (which I love). If you want something more relaxed, you'll want to measure slightly larger, especially in the pants.

I'm already considering a second suit from Indochino (if I could find a buyer for my Alfani suit); maybe their Alternative Pinstrip Suit. Being a return customer I'm definitely going to opt for the functional sleeve buttons.

Thanks allot for the info, this will be my first time ordering a suit online. I am thinking about going for the Pearly White Stripes Suit if i don't get the Black Mod.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Incochino, huh, well I think its a fine looking suit, and my eye is starting to wander their page as well... so thanks for posting! Keep us updated on the wear of the suit, yeah?

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
I seriously hate to be negative, but it looks to me like the shoulders are too wide for you. The terminal edge of the horizontal plane of the suit's left shoulder appears to extend well past where it should. Maybe it's just due to being folded up for shipping and there's a crease that is making the suit not drape properly [huh]

Lorenz

New in Town
Looks pretty cool, Hexenmeister! I have been following Indochino for quite some while and their marketing is just really very well done. Did you smell a hint of perfume on your suit? They seem to spray a bit on the clothes sometimes and I quite like that.

The shoulders are a bit of a weak point for Indochino, but I think they improved a lot lately. The shoulders tend to look too big though, because they are quite heavily padded. I'm thinking about trying to order natural shoulders via their customer service next time - there is a new collection every month, so I'm curious what they will come up with next.

Btw, in case anyone is thinking about ordering now, there are some great coupons available.

WOOT (15% off, 1 free shirt, 1 free accessory)
dailyedealsfall (8% off, 2 free shirts, 1 free tie!)

I update the coupon box on my blog every week, so if you buy, be sure to check before, there is always some deal available and usually I have it on the website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80