Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Uncontested - The Champ"

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Champ Premier

Lightweight, thin felt. Strange color combination that works well:

ChampSide.jpg

ChampInSide.jpg

ChampSideUnB.jpg

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
Gadzooks!:eek: What a looker this hat turned out to be. I like it!:D I also agree with Tonyb that it is most encouraging to see that these should I say unrestrained color combinations were available back in the day and that there was a market for them also.
ChampSide.jpg

ChampInSide.jpg

ChampSideUnB.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Tom-n-Perris said:
Gadzooks!:eek: What a looker this hat turned out to be. I like it!:D I also agree with Tonyb that it is most encouraging to see that these should I say unrestrained color combinations were available back in the day and that there was a market for them also.

Thanks Tom and Tony. Maybe something similar will show up in navy or burgundy.

ValEag

One of the Regulars
One and only

Only have one Champ. It was advertised as the wrong size on Ebay, but I kept it and gave it to my son.

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

Sam Craig

One Too Many
lemon champ

Anyone else ever see a lemon champ?

I have a lemon color champ, camel down finish, about 2.75 inch brim, tall full crown.
It looks a little Dick Tracy-ish to the uninformed, but it's beautiful felt, though it takes a bit of style, or audacity, to carry off wearing a yellow fedora.

I think it's a beauty. I presume it was intended as a college man's hat.[huh]

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Here's a Champ!

I wore this Champ Featherweight in at GSMNP this December, right after the snowstorm! Kept the old bald head warm. Regards,F_M

IMG_8331b.jpg

hatf1.jpg

IMG_8299a.jpg

Chinaski

One Too Many
Champ Diplomat

This was an Ebay find that arrived in the size advertised and in great shape. The only issue is a small stain on the liner, but it is otherwise beautiful. It came open crown in a Champ Diplomat box, but nowhere on the hat does it say Diplomat. The felt is fairly thick, but took a crease well with a little water. It's becoming my go-to hat.

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chinaski said:
This was an Ebay find that arrived in the size advertised and in great shape. The only issue is a small stain on the liner, but it is otherwise beautiful. It came open crown in a Champ Diplomat box, but nowhere on the hat does it say Diplomat. The felt is fairly thick, but took a crease well with a little water. It's becoming my go-to hat.

DSC_0006-1.jpg

That is very nice felt, Chinaski. Looks like it begs to be touched. Nice color too.

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
GMTA!(great minds think alike)....I was going to start a Champ thread and call it "CAMP CHAMP". :p

Here`s a nifty little vintage 60`s Champ Check Mate I spied in a local thrift store.

http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/...ore Finds/?action=view&current=Picture006.jpg

http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/...s/?action=view&current=vtgChampfedoraside.jpg

http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/...?action=view&current=vtgChampfedoralining.jpg

It`s in super great condition and just needs to have the liner sewn back it!

HMH

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
theinterchange said:
Ephraim Tutt, have an idea what the approximate age is on that Takeoff? I may have chance to buy one, but am debating if it's worth it to me. Thanks!

Randy

Randy, my best guess is 60's. It could be late 50's but I doubt any earlier than that. I've never seen another with the original pin.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Ephraim Tutt said:
Randy, my best guess is 60's. It could be late 50's but I doubt any earlier than that. I've never seen another with the original pin.

I was guessing late 50's/early 60's. The one I may buy has the pin AND... a feather. :cool2: :p I guess for around $50, you can't go TOO wrong.

Randy

::edit:: I went ahead and bought it.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
theinterchange said:
I was guessing late 50's/early 60's. The one I may buy has the pin AND... a feather. :cool2: :p I guess for around $50, you can't go TOO wrong.

Randy

::edit:: I went ahead and bought it.

Hell's bells man! You got the feather too!

Post the pics!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points