Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

unconventional earrings?

Inky

One Too Many
KittyT said:
I actually have these same ones and they are the most common design I've seen. I've seen several pair for sale in various places.

I believe them to be Avon of Belleville (not Avon the cosmetics company) based on the "AVON" signature on the back.

Mine came in the original box - says "avon" on the top and:

Made in China for
Avon Products, Inc., Distr
New York, NY 10020
Avon Canada Inc., Montreal
(c) 2002 Avon

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Inky said:
Mine came in the original box - says "avon" on the top and:

Made in China for
Avon Products, Inc., Distr
New York, NY 10020
Avon Canada Inc., Montreal
(c) 2002 Avon

Interesting, thanks for the info!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Here's a new pair headed my way! They're flexible plastic.

plasticparure.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Amazing earrings Kitty!

Here are a pair of two unique earrings sets from my collection. ;0 The first set is more unique than the latter, due to the material the flowers are made of. I've never worn either set!

X
BD

Brooch and earring set:
earrings2.jpg

Brooch, necklace and earring set:
pinkset.jpg

earrings1.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Black Dahlia said:
The first set is more unique than the latter, due to the material the flowers are made of.

It looks like a flexible plastic?

Very pretty. I've seen a lot of this style floating around in different colors. I have a nearly identical pair in lavendar. They're tons of fun aren't they? You're lucky to have the whole parure.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
It looks like a flexible plastic?

Very pretty. I've seen a lot of this style floating around in different colors. I have a nearly identical pair in lavendar. They're tons of fun aren't they? You're lucky to have the whole parure.

Exactly, it's bendable, interesting. Handcrafted in Thailand in the original box. I love finds like both these sets, complete and in original packaging!

Oooh, your lavendar pair sounds lovely!

I've asked my mother if she has any of the wrap around earrings as you've shown, as my interest is piqued. She still has a lot of her stock from her long ago closed antique store (she specialized in clothing and jewelery). I can't wait to see if she has any!

Thanks for sharing all the great pics!

X
BD

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Black Dahlia said:
Exactly, it's bendable, interesting. Handcrafted in Thailand in the original box. I love finds like both these sets, complete and in original packaging!

I love that flexible plastic stuff. It's so uniquely kitschy and 50s :)

I've asked my mother if she has any of the wrap around earrings as you've shown, as my interest is piqued. She still has a lot of her stock from her long ago closed antique store (she specialized in clothing and jewelery). I can't wait to see if she has any!

Definitely let us know! They really aren't all that common and many tend to fetch pretty high prices, so it'd be a find if she has any.

I'd love to see some other types of strange earrings here, if you gals have them. Big earrings that cover the whole ear, like some of those already posted, the great, curved designs that curl up around the edge of the ear, or anything else a big different!

palespider

One of the Regulars
inky, have you ever thought of taking the backing off the vintage earings you like and glueing them on to eyelets or plugs? Once i get back to my goal size its what i would like to do.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
palespider said:
inky, have you ever thought of taking the backing off the vintage earings you like and glueing them on to eyelets or plugs? Once i get back to my goal size its what i would like to do.

When my ears were gauged, I always considered doing this with Kaos Softwear plugs, since they're light-weight and relatively inexpensive.

Lillemor

One Too Many
I've seen them in my books so I actually assumed they were common. Don't own any and right now I only wear vintage earrings that are for pierced ears after I lost a vintage cameo clip earring and another one with a painted motif on ceramic.:( I'd be afraid to wear those cuffs as long as I'm a busy homemaker. They're lovely though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff