Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Under-Reported Good News

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
„The Limits To Growth“ celebrated it’s 50th anniversary last year.

mqdefault.jpg

Tiki Tom

Not really underreported BUT still very good news. Snow on the ground outside whilst I am comfortable inside, camped in front of my TV watching the BlueJays play the Yankees, Florida spring training and the baseball season is just around the next corner. That, to me, is always great news.

Tiki Tom

Another big one. And it’s not the first time this has been reported.
There seems to be agreement that the global human population will peak in the next 50 years or so and, then, will start to decline.

https://studyfinds.org/world-population-peak/

When I was in school in the 70s, the popular view was that humanity was going to overpopulate itself until the world became a Soilant-Green distopia of poverty, shortages, and overcrowding. It looks like we may have dodged that bullet. Good news!

Another big one. And it’s not the first time this has been reported.
There seems to be agreement that the global human population will peak in the next 50 years or so and, then, will start to decline.

https://studyfinds.org/world-population-peak/

When I was in school in the 70s, the popular view was that humanity was going to overpopulate itself until the world became a Soilant-Green distopia of poverty, shortages, and overcrowding. It looks like we may have dodged that bullet. Good news!

Not as good as you think considering many are now worried about demograhic collapse. Many nations have been below replacement value for some time.

Tiki Tom

Went to KFC yesterday to pick up a bucket of health food and saw this poster by the cash register. As someone who worked many crappy jobs to support myself through university, this warmed my heart. Well done, KFC!

FB982AED-9C3C-47D6-9904-3C6696FCD258.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana