Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uninformed Sellers...

photobyalan

A-List Customer
...can sometimes be your best friend.

I got this Knox fedora with a Buy It Now less than eight hours after it was listed.

img_3057.jpg

It's in almost new condition, looks like it's from the 50's, judging by the plastic under the crown.

img_3058.jpg

It's a size 7 5/8, but it appears to have shrunk just enough in storage to fit my size 7 1/2 noggin.

img_3056.jpg

At 2 3/8", the brim may be just a bit small for me. What do you think?
Just the same, at $25 for a hat in that size and in this condition, I couldn't pass it up.

Flitcraft

One Too Many
I recognize that hat brand- its a "Keeper"!

$25.00 bucks! Vintage! And it fits!
You got a deal, Brother!
Brim looks fine!

WEEGEE

Practically Family
BIG FAN OF KNOX

Very sharp hat...it looks great on you ....i would like to tell you it did not

and you should sell it to me...but alas its a good one. If you change your

mind put me in line. What suit you wearing...is it Kenneth Cole?

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
You look like you been on the force...

...for fifteen years. You look like the kinda guy that would knock a few skulls together, or bust up a few illegal slot machines with an axe. You're probably not like that, but you could play one on TV...

My wife's from Seaside Park, on the Jersey shore...Bada Bing, forget about it!

Pilgrim

One Too Many
You're absolutely right. While some sellers tell you so little that it's maddening, others just don't know what to describe, and you can find some good things if you know a bit about hats and look at the pictures carefully.

My first Whipett came from a seller who had no idea what the hat was, but posted a photo showing the word "Whippet" in the crown's liner. As a result, I went after it and won the auction at a reasonable price.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Nice catch, those older Knox's are fantastic. I posted a pic of one I wear to work in the rain and that thing will not shrink. You got a real bargain and it looks great on you. It will out live us all.

fedoralover

photobyalan

A-List Customer
Biltmore Bob said:
You look like you been on the force...for fifteen years. You look like the kinda guy that would knock a few skulls together, or bust up a few illegal slot machines with an axe. You're probably not like that, but you could play one on TV...

People often say I'm a "dick". That's slang for "detective", isn't it? Isn't it? :eek:

Flitcraft

One Too Many
People often say I'm a "dick". That's slang for "detective", isn't it? Isn't it?

Oh, so thats what that means? Man, I get that a lot, too!
Thanks for clearing that up!:rolleyes:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Great hat, brim works fine!

Nice score.

The one Borsalino I have I won for $50 because the pics were awful and it was identified as a suede derby.

varga49

One of the Regulars
Bravo!

Very good find Alan! I'd have been looking on Ebay except that I'm waiting for my Adams Exec. to comeback from Art! The brim width on that Knox is perfect for you. Don't second guess yourself! Nice suit too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana