Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unlined leather jackets....info request

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I thought very much the same thing about the Restoration Hardware cafe racer. But then I saw one on ebay at a fraction of the original retail price and won the bid. I was really glad I got it. It's one of the most beautiful cafe racers I've ever owned.

Thats interesting to hear you like it and its good quality, I saw someone post fit pics of one on another form and it looked terrible....maybe it just didn't suit that guy?

pak

One of the Regulars
I have a custom shirt of moosehide made for me by a Athabaskan woman, from a small village. This shirt is beautiful and fits like a second skin. It is unlined and I've worn it a few times over the 30 years I've had it. For me lining is a must. Remote possibly that an unlined vest might work but nothing with sleeves.

Plumbline

One Too Many
I've had 2 unlined jackets ... one unlined " welders jacket" in roughout steerhide and a levis "jean jacket" in steer suede.

Both have been absolutely fine to take on and off ( no grabbing or anything ... even when a little sticky in 70deg in the USA ( where I bought the Levis). The "welders jacket" is a vintage Carharrt one and I bought it a few years ago ( from back when Carharrt only really did workwear ). It's nice and heavy made from thick roughout steer.

While a lining is very nice .. it sort of feels incorrect in both of there which are much more function over fashion.

Neither have bled into garments underneath and they are very cool to wear ( it's amazing how much warmth even a thin lining generates)

HTH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21