Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unusual 4-button belt back jacket with double breast pockets.

DamianM

Vendor
Here is a sad story for me. I bumped into Mr. Reese minutes after he had picked up two of those belt backs. I had skipped the vendor because i thought she may have the same as last month, but then when I went back around he was there with a bag full of stuff. How I dreaded this. I broke my own rule to always look becasue you never know what you may find. And I payed for it. back to the jackets. Yes match them with cream flannels and your cool, ( Ive seen images of people wearing them like so.

And it is sort of true that these where made alot in cord.

LuckyKat

Practically Family
I still think the jackets are from the early to mid 20s, because I've had them in my hand & I dont doubt it at all. They were tailor produced, but I believe there are so many because they came from the hollywood studios, where they would've needed many matching coats. the wool twill (heavy textured fabric) would suggest them to be uniform jackets but not necessarily belong to the police department. I've seen civilian jackets in this material before...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21