Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Upholstery fabric?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Hi ladies! I know this is perhaps a topic better suited for elsewhere on the FL, but I'm posting it here, since you all are the folks who can help me. Bartenders, feel free to move if necessary!

I just bought a new couch for my studio. It's nothing special, not vintage. However, the cushion covers are only available in "natural" and I have 2 black cats. My mom has offered to make me new covers and I have to find fabric. I've having a hard time finding options online that fit my specifications and am hoping that some of you might have recommendations.

Here is the couch:
pCPWM-5708937_alternate1_v300x300.jpg

What I'm looking for:
1. A print (as opposed to a solid, although I will likely do covers for a couple back cushions in a complementary solid) that will do an ok job of hiding cat hair
2. My apartment is mid-century/50s, so I'm looking for something in that vein.
3. I'd prefer a fabric that is a smaller or more subtle print. My apartment is small and I'm trying to avoid a fabric that's going to overpower the rest of the room.
4. One of my cats likes to scratch really nubby fabrics....
5. Cost is an important factor!

I've looked a lot of places so far. The only one I've found that I really like is this one: http://www.fabricguru.com/cart/index.php?target=products&product_id=280302, which I would pair with some complementary baby blue cushions.

Anyone have any good suggestions?

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Actually that looks perfect, i was going to suggest a very small "atomic' type print, in that kind of colour. Lovely with blue cushions. I have a dog, so i know where you're coming from!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner