Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Urban B-3

normanf

One of the Regulars
Goatskin leather is kind of a decent compromise. On the Japan market, the B-3 has evolved away from its roots, to using polyester for the surface as well as the inner body and sleeve layer. United Carr by Buzz Ricksons has taken its own interpretation on the classic design:

2160344-m.jpg

Traditionalists won't go for it but the budget division of Buzz Ricksons turns out vintage style outerwear at a more down to earth price than the parent company.

Edward

Bartender
By a poly surface, do you mean something akin to a nylon, or a pleather? I'd be curious to see something akin to a B15 with the oversize collar of a B3...

normanf

One of the Regulars
According to the specs, the outer layer of the jacket is 100% polyester and the lining on the body and sleeve is 100% acrylic. Acrylic is a man-made fiber that has the look, feel and warmth of real wool. The faux sheepskin B-3 is warm enough to be worn in cold weather with just a t-shirt!

I'll let the representation of how its worn speak for itself better than the description:

2160344-w.jpg

Last edited:

xt40

Familiar Face
I really like this! Where do they sell it?
everywhere.
you can find this design in every mall / high street leather shop in the universe. despite the labels they are not b3's and dont come in sizes that fit real people. eg the japanese guy a few posts back.

blueoakleyz

New in Town
everywhere.
you can find this design in every mall / high street leather shop in the universe. despite the labels they are not b3's and dont come in sizes that fit real people. eg the japanese guy a few posts back.

I much like this style better; I don't like historically accurate jackets.

But yeah probably too skinny. I haven't seen any around town though.

normanf

One of the Regulars
I think what makes the better quality shearlings is the real fleece. The faux stuff just doesn't come close to the real thing in person...in my view.
HD

Agreed. If it has to be a faux lining, I'd prefer acrylic, which is the man-made fiber that comes closest to replicating the feel and warmth of real wool. The real thing though still sets the standard.

Real fleece (sheeps wool) is naturally loaded with lanolin which helps it to retain it's fluffiness...shape,and better insulating qualities. Even many vintage shearling still have various traces of those qualities. It doesn't matt near as easy or have the rug-like quality as most faux wools. I agree...furry acrylic can be very close as having similar softness and warmth. However...nicely cropted shearling especially those with a golden hue are the bomb!

You mean the bomb(er)! lol
I've got some jackets with faux fur on the collar (Schott) and it's fine. It's nice, warm, cozy. It's NOT the same though. Take the one I just got. I sit and stare at that fur (RAF style) and I can't compare the two. Nothing wrong with faux, just not the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy