Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

URGENT WARNING!!! YOU MAY NEVER LOOK AT YOUR LID IN THE SAME WAY AGAIN

Nutria at GNC in the mall

I thought it was some sort of health shake at the health food store.
:eusa_doh:
Nutria bars and shakes, health supplements for the on the go active person, with all the vitamins, minerals and steriods a growing body needs.:p

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Nutria shakes at the health food store-
I'm getting the terrible image of a nutria in a blender with yogurt. Can you imagine what that would look like after a few minutes on liquefy. yuch.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dinerman said:
I'm getting the terrible image of a nutria in a blender with yogurt. Can you imagine what that would look like after a few minutes on liquefy. yuch.

Rodent + Yogurt = Rogurt?

Mmmm, another glass of tasty rogurt here, barkeep. :D

Steve

Practically Family
Dinerman said:
My good fellow, after eating a tuna sadnwich: what you just said is indegestion on a stick. Thank you. :eusa_doh:

carebear

Matthew Dalton said:
What exactly do they do with the rest of the animal after skinning them anyway? I'd feel more comfortable knowing the animal's carcass was at least used efficiently and not wasted.

You know the phrase "two all beef patties..."?

One of those words is less than accurate. lol

skwerl-hat

One of the Regulars
What exactly do they do with the rest of the animal after skinning them anyway? I'd feel more comfortable knowing the animal's carcass was at least used efficiently and not wasted.

well the hatter takes the fur and the animals are cold for a winter but eventually it grows back and the beaver is okay! they dont mind really especially if there fur recieves 4 x's:)

carebear

skwerl-hat said:

well the hatter takes the fur and the animals are cold for a winter but eventually it grows back and the beaver is okay! they dont mind really especially if there fur recieves 4 x's:)

That's good. I was gonna see if he'd buy that they then go to special "retired beaver ranches" to live out the rest of their natural lives. :D

Up here the native trappers will sometimes bury the tails and let them ferment to make "stinky tail". They eat the meat. For farmed animals I'm betting animal feed or something. Most countries don't allow disposal of carcasses. I've seen recipes, apparently the meat is okay if you don't get the castor gland gunk on it.

from Wiki said:
A small resurgence in beaver trapping has occurred in some areas where there is an over-population of beaver; trapping is only done when the fur is of value, and normally the remainder of the animal is also utilized as animal feed.

I doubt the meat is "wasted".

RedPop4

One Too Many
Tony in Tarzana said:
How about nutria? Aren't they just ugly fat rats? lol
I'm from Louisiana.
YES, that's all they are. Ugly fat rats with HUGE ORANGE teeth. They're herbivores, so they contribute to coastal erosion, erosion of the wetlands, and when they come into the urban/suburban area, they eat the grasses on canal banks and tunnel under roadways causing them to collapse.

They're a bloody, overpopulated nuisance.

undertaker

Practically Family
Where's the ...... Well Beaver?

skwerl-hat said:

My wife and I have a couple of small house dogs. We are trying some new holistic dog food. Upon reading the label I dicovered that it is 95% Beaver meat. Now we can rest at ease, the carcasses are not wasted:) .

Regards,
JS

J.B. said:
...smells like napalm.:whistling

Nah, smells like chicken nuggets. MMMM MMMMM. Tasty. :D
I really don't understand the whole romantic notion of animals nowadays. My grandmother had a pet cow but she still ate beef---from the same ranch/farm. I think we have gotten so far away from the actual production of meat that if it doesn't come on a foam backing with plastic wrap on it there would people that didn't know where it came from and would starve trying to find food. :eusa_doh: :rolleyes:
Come one fellas! Beaver, its what's for dinner. :p

Regards,

J

J.B.

Practically Family
jamespowers said:
...Come one fellas! Beaver, its what's for dinner. :p

Oh goodie! How do ya handle a hungry man? Stick a beaver dinner in front of him! ...Now lets see -- how long do I microwave it?? Dibs on the tail! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider