Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US Authentic A-2 Jacket, size 44: $85 shipped!

Juanito

One of the Regulars
US Authentic A-2, size 44.

I bought this here on The Fedora Lounge last year. You can see the listing for it here: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/fs-us-authentic-russet-hh-a-2-44.108934/
Chest: 24"
Shoulder: 20"
Back 25"
Sleeve: 26"

The jacket fits far larger than a typical 44, mainly due to the shoulder width, typical of every US Authentic jacket I have had--sizing runs large. Typical US (in)Authentic with the heavy horsehide, gold plated snaps, and all the other things that make these jackets not exactly close representations of the originals, or the Perry that it is loosely based upon That said, like Lost Worlds, this is a heavy, well made jacket that would probably outlive all of us.

It is essentially unworn and has no wear, but there are a couple of things to note about this jacket...

First, the zipper is sewn in backwards, or English style. In other words the zipper pull in on the right side, under the flap, with the male end on the left side. I have no idea why this is and it was not disclosed to me when I bought the jacket. The zipper is a Talon and works just fine, it is just backwards.

Secondly, as you can see in the original posting on TFL, the jacket was obviously custom made for someone and had some ugly art on the back. The only reason I bought it was to try an art project of my own, but I have lost interest. I have removed the chest patch, so there are stitch holes, and removed the main artwork on the back with nothing more than warm water and some gently rubbing. The finish that was under the art is not a shiny as the rest of the jacket. It is very hard to tell, but there is a slight difference.

In any case, the jacket is what it is. Use it for a work jacket or start you own art project, or do with it what you will. I just want it out of the closet!

$85 shipped in the US. PayPal Friends and family.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
Quote Reply

Pyritez

New in Town
Still got this? What's the mm thickness of the horsehide, & also the weight (in lbs or kilos) of the jacket?

Thanks!

Pyritez

New in Town
So....its just good manners for a seller to reply to a buyer with either a 'yea' or 'nay' if they have something up for sale in classifieds & the potential buyer posts in the thread, & then PM's the seller about purchasing the item also.

If you don't want to sell, then simply say so, duh.

But....silence is just rude, fyi.

Apologies in advance if the seller has been in a coma or whatnot with a legitimate excuse for the rudeness, lol.

(For the record, this sale would have to go through regular PayPal & not 'friends & family', since there is no buyer protection with the latter, lol. & It's ridiculous to cheat PayPal out of their service fees when selling bespoke jackets, actually. That's cheap, & abusing the 'friends & family' PayPal feature.)

I'll pay the regular PayPal fees on top of the $85, seller.

Peacoat

Bartender
So....its just good manners for a seller to reply to a buyer with either a 'yea' or 'nay' if they have something up for sale in classifieds & the potential buyer posts in the thread, & then PM's the seller about purchasing the item also.

Apologies in advance if the seller has been in a coma or whatnot with a legitimate excuse for the rudeness, lol.

(For the record, this sale would have to go through regular PayPal & not 'friends & family', since there is no buyer protection with the latter, lol. & It's ridiculous to cheat PayPal out of their service fees when selling bespoke jackets, actually. That's cheap, & abusing the 'friends & family' PayPal feature.)

I notice that you neither "Replied" to his message, nor did you "Tag" him in your reply. If he hasn't checked Classifieds, he didn't see your question.

I will Tag him so he sees my message and will look at the string. He might reply to you now.

Not sure the tag went through, but we shall see.

@Juanito

Pyritez

New in Town
Thanks!

From reading some other threads/posts...I gather that some here (many?) won't sell to "new members" for whatever reason....& encourage others to do the same...which is perfectly fine I suppose, even if somewhat lame. Just have the balls to say so outright, if that is indeed the case, lol.

I PM'd this seller well after my post, and after the seller had logged into the forum at least twice in the subsequent week+ since my initial post, & at least once since the PM, so one would assume that the seller indeed saw the post & PM already with the notification icons at the top of the page, & was simply ghosting.

If that is indeed the case, I doubt anything will change that now, frankly...so I guess the jacket stays in his closet.

Juanito

One of the Regulars

Sorry,

I haven't been on TFL for some time. To be honest, I completely forgot about listing this three months ago.

Jacket is no longer for sale--I deconstructed it due to lack of interest.

Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner