Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Used (new to me) Langlitz Cascade

Monitor, I'll tell you what, I feel my hunger for leather fading. It's happening only very slowly and there's still a few things I would love to get, like a heavyweight Langlitz CR or this lovely HH Cal Leather CHP on eBay, but it's getting less. Recently I catch myself looking out for leather shoes and watches again. Bought a pair of Dinkelacker shoes on eBay the other week and it's hand down the most comfortable yet durable shoes ever. Unfortunately it's Progues which I cannot wear casually, so I am looking for a bit more toned down casual pair of Dinkelackers now. Think I fell in a new trap, now that I have merely escaped the leather jacket one.

You know, I thought the same thing as well. Some month ago, I also felt the bug letting go. I wasn't even checking the classifieds as I used to and I was thinking good, I guess I'm finally happy with these few jackets that I have so that's taken care of and then suddenly... The hunger struck back like rarely ever before. Next thing I know, I had 10 stinking jackets again and I promised myself I'd never do that again.
But if nothing else, I'm really happy with the jackets that I have right now. It's a good thing, 'cause I really have no clue what else would I want that I don't have or that would be so much better to justify going thru the hustle of getting it.

As for the shoes, I think I'll stop buying them altogether and just walk barefoot. I've destroyed yet another new pair just last week.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
It is. That's some nice HH tho. Browning up really well, something about that subtle glowing brown, especially on a vintage jacket. It's tops.
The seller also had a pair of McDonald Leathers motorcycle pants, that look very like Langlitz Westerns. They were my size (I hope), and for $100 I picked them up.

I know nothing about McDonald Leathers, but they are 1950s era, out of Spokane, WA, so I'm betting very much comparable to Langlitz, which if they are, and they fit, and they're in as good condition as they look, is such a steal I feel like the motorcycle cop former owner should have me arrested.

Does anyone know much about what I just bought? http://www.ebay.com/itm/272705633998

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I really like my Pocket Columbia in mid-weight steer, it's from 1982 and has so many years of life left in it. Yours looks very nice, I am hoping to pickup a cafe racer model sometime over the next year of so.

To the point of the "bug" since it's 95F + here now it's easy to drop the "habit." However somehow, I've managed to amass too many again so when it starts turning cooler, the classifieds will feature a few (or more) that I'll decide to let go of. Seems an odd collector's obsession, to my mind...

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
@ton312 Talk about sucking back in; check out this, you may want to add it to your collection of Vanson jackets:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vanson-Leather-Jacket-/132216787938?hash=item1ec8bc13e2:g:LYAAAOSwK6RZNX3n
Looks about twice as heavy as my new Vanson, perfect condition and it appears the black leather has a brown core? At least it looks like that in the close up of one of the sleeves.
I've got that sucker in my watch list! I had a C2 just like it but that model runs a bit large...if only it were a 42" That is a gorgeous jacket!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy