Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Used (new to me) Langlitz Cascade

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
As promised, here's a few words and pictures of the Langlitz Cascade I bought at ebay.

The jacket is in quite good condition. Leather shows plenty of wear but no long or deep scratches in the leather. Some color loss along the sleeve seams, a very little cut in the lining, few minor barely visible scratches in the leather. The leather is thinner than my Aeros and Vansons. I guess it is Langlitz light weight stuff (2.5 oz).

The range of movement in this is amazing. Even though it is a tight fit on me, I can move my arms all I want due to the shoulder gussets and underarm "footballs". Mobility-wise best jacket I own, superior to both Vanson and Johnson.

I do not know how old it is, the buyer said he inherited it from his uncle. Maybe the Langlitz and zipper experts here can help out. It does not have a stud button at the collar, something that newer models have I believe (att least on the Langlitz website). It has different talon zippers on main zip, sleeve zip and pocket zip. The Langlitz label is sewn in in rather unusual fashion (not all the way around), don't know whether that's a period thing or customer request.

Few fit pictures:
Given it was custom tailored for someone else body I am pretty happy with it.

Any questions, ask them.
Thanks for looking.

Looks great JJ. I love the cascade. It's the best of both worlds in that you get the protection up front of a cross zip and the cool factor of a CR collar. Fits perfectly and I like the plain back with the single point yoke. Nice!

I don't know what else to say that won't sound like I'm repeating myself but... Just awesome, JJ. Perfect, in my view. Fits you just as it should, length, sleeves, all. Couldn't have scored a better jacket.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
I do not know how old it is, the buyer said he inherited it from his uncle. Maybe the Langlitz and zipper experts here can help out. It does not have a stud button at the collar, something that newer models have I believe (att least on the Langlitz website). It has different talon zippers on main zip, sleeve zip and pocket zip. The Langlitz label is sewn in in rather unusual fashion (not all the way around), don't know whether that's a period thing or customer request.

First let me say... Wow! An incredible jacket and a great fit.

Regarding the age...there should be some identifying information in one of the pockets; either a name and date (for custom) or serial number (off the rack) or both. I know Langlitz logs this information so that if it goes missing, with a police report, you can let Langlitz know, and if for what ever reason, it comes across their door step for either consignment or repair, they can try to get it back to its rightful owner. With this information I'd think they should be able to pinpoint and let you know its origin; provided it hasn't been reported stolen.

I'm still waiting patiently in the queue for my custom Timberline. 2 months down 1 to go. I'm counting the days.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Thank you everyone for the kind words! Will check pockets for name or number. I like it very much too, unfortunately I have this "I'll wear only my Vanson America jacket til it's broken in"-thing going on so I have to be strong and put this Langlitz in the closet. Maybe it will get some wear in fall. Or next year. Or in 2
years, considering how long it takes to break in a Vanson. :D

Thank you everyone for the kind words! Will check pockets for name or number. I like it very much too, unfortunately I have this "I'll wear only my Vanson America jacket til it's broken in"-thing going on so I have to be strong and put this Langlitz in the closet. Maybe it will get some wear in fall. Or next year. Or in 2
years, considering how long it takes to break in a Vanson. :D

lol oh yeah, I've had that same plan for years and see where it got me... Whole bunch of barely worn jackets in the wardrobe and ton of good feedback on eBay. But despite all the odds, Schott CR survived the longest and will enter it's third summer very soon. That's gotta mean something, right?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Monitor, I'll tell you what, I feel my hunger for leather fading. It's happening only very slowly and there's still a few things I would love to get, like a heavyweight Langlitz CR or this lovely HH Cal Leather CHP on eBay, but it's getting less. Recently I catch myself looking out for leather shoes and watches again. Bought a pair of Dinkelacker shoes on eBay the other week and it's hand down the most comfortable yet durable shoes ever. Unfortunately it's Progues which I cannot wear casually, so I am looking for a bit more toned down casual pair of Dinkelackers now. Think I fell in a new trap, now that I have merely escaped the leather jacket one.

Monitor, I'll tell you what, I feel my hunger for leather fading. It's happening only very slowly and there's still a few things I would love to get, like a heavyweight Langlitz CR or this lovely HH Cal Leather CHP on eBay, but it's getting less. Recently I catch myself looking out for leather shoes and watches again. Bought a pair of Dinkelacker shoes on eBay the other week and it's hand down the most comfortable yet durable shoes ever. Unfortunately it's Progues which I cannot wear casually, so I am looking for a bit more toned down casual pair of Dinkelackers now. Think I fell in a new trap, now that I have merely escaped the leather jacket one.
Allow me to pull you back in:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-195...cycle-jacket-w-snapout-collar-L/263034602326?
s-l1600.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy