Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Van Page Brown @HoosierDaddy, In Memoriam

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for letting us now, sad to hear that.

ANbDWca.jpg

Ugh man. Terrible news. RIP HD. We did not always see eye to eye but I had the utmost respect for the man. Sorry to read this.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Oh man, so sorry to hear that. I always appreciated his contributions to this community. My thoughts go out to his friends and family. RIP

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

VAN BROWN OBITUARY​

Van Page Brown, 75, of Anderson, Indiana, died, Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2022, at Edgewater Woods in Anderson, IN.

He entered this world on July 1, 1947, in Marion, IN, son of the late Ardra "Page" Brown and Frances (Kempher) Morris.

Van graduated from Fairmount High School in 1965 and served his country in the Army. Van married Eva "Patsy" Glasscock on November 25, 1978. She preceded him in death on November 19, 2016. He worked as a fork lift driver in shipping and receiving at General Motors in Anderson for 35 years. He enjoyed riding motor cycles and doing nature wood carvings.

Van is survived by his children, Kathy (Brian) Shearer, Marion, Patricia (Jon) Wilkins, of Middletown, Adam Brown, of Anderson; 11 grandchildren; brother, Jay (Victoria) Morris, San Antonio, TX. He was preceded in death by brother, Bruce Morris.

Arrangements are being handled by Armes-Hunt Funeral Home and Cremation.

Services, 415 South Main Street, Fairmount, IN Private family services will be held. Burial will be at Park Cemetery, Fairmount, Indiana.

Memories and condolences may be shared at www. armeshuntfuneralhome.com 48691674-4790-475F-B3F1-1548B973353C.png

Peacoat

Bartender
My condolences to his family, in particular his son Adam, who looked after him these past years and whom Van was very proud of.
Yes, Van moved from Fairmount to Anderson a few years ago so that Adam could look after him.

Some of James Dean's family still lived in Fairmount, and Van knew them. He had some interesting stories about those days. I was going to take a motorcycle trip to see Van in Fairmount, then he got sick and moved to Anderson. The trip got put on hold. Now, unfortunately, it is cancelled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ