Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Boston Police Jacket, size 42

Vanson Boston Police leather jacket in a size 42.

Never gave much thought to this style and I bought the jacket only because it was Vanson and in my size. I had no idea it would end up to be one of the highest quality jackets that I have ever handled.

Made from the kind of leather I've never seen on a Vanson before. Super heavy, same weight as their Comp. weight but incredibly soft and pliable, with a completely natural texture and grain to it. Grainy at some parts, flat at others. Not sure what to compare it with. You'll see.

This is an actual police jacket and it shows; none of that inspired by stuff. The jacket features:
• Pen holder
• Four pockets; two chest pockets (those are actually snaps, not buttons) and two deep vertical inside pockets which are actually the size of the entire jacket front, going all the way to the bottom hem and are entirely leather lined!
• Wind flap
• Side straps with an elastic band, adjustable by two snaps that all the way through the front panels, so the jacket always sits tight and where it should. Or you can just unsnap them altogether and the elastic band will pull and hide the straps inside the jacket - Feature intended with a holster in mind.
• Pen holder
• Leather lined kidney panel
• Heavy rayon lining. Somewhat shiny, goes well with the leather
• Badge holder
• Double Talon no. 10 zipper, works like a charm
• Did I say pen holder?

The jacket is exactly 2.5 kg / 5.50 lbs heavy and measures:

Chest: 57 cm / 22.5"
Shoulders: 55 cm / 21.65"
Sleeves: 64 cm / 25"
Back: 64 cm / 25"

Impeccable condition, as you can see. Minimal creasing in the sleeves and that's it. You would gain literally nothing by buying this jacket new from Vanson.

I'm selling it only because Vanson seems to always be true to their over-sizing policy and this jacket is no exception. Fits like a 44 so make sure to be guided by the measurements.

Price is $380 + shipping. I'm not too keen on selling it and if there are no takers, even better. This is an insanely high quality, extremely versatile, practical jacket that also manages to look good and is gonna last you a couple of lifetimes.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Photos, measurements, whatever on request. Shipping for Europe is around $30, rest of the world please ask. PayPal accepted.
For members without PM privileges, email me at nav (dot) buoy (at) gmail.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Duck

Practically Family
Nice jacket! I love police jackets, but damn they are shorting on this fat old man! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic