Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson c2 - 42 - fit check

Bobby Schneider

Familiar Face
Hello

I would appreciate some feedback. I don’t know if I should go for size 40. Does this jacket looks baggy? Sleeves too long?

I am 6.1”
190 lbs

Thanks

Attachments

• B5AEE0F5-A91D-41B2-94AB-DDF17A78FA4A.jpeg
    B5AEE0F5-A91D-41B2-94AB-DDF17A78FA4A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 150
  • 31B0A010-DD3E-4A32-82DB-E1BB49DE7706.jpeg
    31B0A010-DD3E-4A32-82DB-E1BB49DE7706.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 154
  • 2698B60B-1F17-4E22-A295-096EEE21CEA4.jpeg
    2698B60B-1F17-4E22-A295-096EEE21CEA4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 156

Bobby Schneider

Familiar Face
Thanks guys! My concern or what makes me feel weird is that I’m at the last hole in the belt. It might be psychological. For some reason I would prefer to be in the 3rd one haha

It feels good in the shoulders. I used to have a 38 and it became too tight and I found this 42 and went for it without trying the 40. It does allow me to wear a hoodie or a cardigan and that’s good but the roomy arms when I’m just wearing a shirt make me feel like I’m swimming in it but it might be also that I’m more familiar with tight fits

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys! My concern or what makes me feel weird is that I’m at the last hole in the belt. It might be psychological. For some reason I would prefer to be in the 3rd one haha

It feels good in the shoulders. I used to have a 38 and it became too tight and I found this 42 and went for it without trying the 40. It does allow me to wear a hoodie or a cardigan and that’s good but the roomy arms when I’m just wearing a shirt make me feel like I’m swimming in it but it might be also that I’m more familiar with tight fits

I can totally relate. Crazy how the mind plays tricks on us!

I used to run on next to zero body fat, and I always felt like all my jackets were to loose on me.
Post-COVID, I put on some weight (age being a factor as well at 52), amd now I need to make a conscious effort not to size up and up as I always fear, I might outgrow my stuff again.

Things like being on the first (or last!) hole in the belt - oh my, I do understand…

The good thing: others never notice.

The good thing also: that jacket looks great on you. Not too roomy at all.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I used to worry that a jacket was necessarily too big if I could do the belt all the way to the narrowest setting, but I've turned around on that. If a jacket fits right, then when you're just wearing a tee, the smallest setting should be where you pull to, since that's the minimum you'd have at the waist. After all, if you're hitting the middle setting with a tee, then what's the point of the smaller holes? With outerwear, it's not like a trouser belt where your usual natural waist should be the middle hole, to account for fluctuations in both directions.

My own jacket of this type, not a Vanson but a 60s Schott, is perfectly snug at the hem without using the belt, which actually makes it much less versatile.

Hi Bobby, jacket looks great, buy a smaller belt.

This is a great point since it's a jacket with a detachable belt.

Bobby Schneider

Familiar Face
That’s true I never considered it that way. If it’s the last hole of the belt and I’m just wearing a shirt then it’s optimal or how it was intended to be …

I’m also getting a vanson bandit for the tighter fit soon, hopefully that will work.

attack_decay

Familiar Face
Yep, the fit looks great. Any jacket I have that had a belt is typically belted to one of the smallest belt holes. Just a benefit of not having much of a gut

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner