Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Chopper Fit

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
the small fit has a rockstar look, and the medium fit has a proper biker look.
up to you which one you like to be seen as. :cool: both are cool

TheSleaze

New in Town
Gonna try to post some progress shots of the leather breaking in, since it really is becoming really f-cking cool.
Feel of the leather is still stiff, even with pretty much daily wear, but is becoming more pliant. It feels kind of like a python in your hand, solid, cool and textured-ly smooth, but doesn't want to bend more than 50 degrees. The elbows still pinch if you really need to flex down hard. Folds along the arms and body are starting to make the jacket feel shrink-wrapped. These pics don't do it justice, but on/off the bike it starting to appear more like that tailored fit I [everyone] is after.
Really the leather itself just reeks of opulence worn. No other jacket out there holds up next to the comp-weight Vanson, I've seen just one other, a cafe-style jacket that had a similar "patina"- folds, creases and obvious weightiness- and it turned out to be an Aero.
The jacket commands a sort of minor celebrity level attention factor. Women will sort of falter in conversations and stare at me with long, lean gazes like construction workers at a short skirt on a windy day. My wife takes this in stride, but with furrowed brows, haha. This happens more and is more blatantly obvious than you would believe.
Here's pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/63y89b6myjjal99/AAB2aw99zpceh-fJXPf3_H9Xa?dl=0

Gint

New in Town
Was interested in seeing how this fits, pretty sure I am going to get myself one, and I am unsure if I would be an L or XL.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Im 6ft1 and about 220lbs.

Hi Gint,

You'll be a L...the XL will be far too large...

We have a L Chopper in stock...it's made with Black Comp. Weight Leather, Black Liner, and Brass Hardware! Give us a call if you'd like to pick it up!

http://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/vanson-leathers

Vanson Chopper Front Smaller.jpg

Last edited:

Gint

New in Town
Is this the same as they sell directly from Vanson? I thought they had a red lining?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Is this the same as they sell directly from Vanson? I thought they had a red lining?

Vanson does a red quilted lining and medium weight X150 leather. We specify the jacket with Black rayon lining so that the jacket can be worn year-round (we found out years ago that the red quilted lining was much too heavy to ride in for Spring, Summer and Fall). We also specify the Chopper in Vanson's Competition Weight leather...it's the classic stuff that everyone loves!

Gint

New in Town
I see.

So the leather is the same as the red lined version? Just that the black lining is not as heavy?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I see.

So the leather is the same as the red lined version? Just that the black lining is not as heavy?

We use Vanson's Comp. Weight leather on our Choppers because the Comp. Weight is a bit nicer than the X150 leather that is usually used. Vanson's Comp. Weight leather is world famous for good reason, so we've continued to use it for the Chopper... if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :)

Gint

New in Town
Would this be the kind of finish on the jacket?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 928

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Is there actually padding between the outer leather and the lining? Or is the quilting stitching just for show?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner