Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson-enfield

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
I like the Enfield styling, but that particular model favors guys with narrower shoulders. If you do have narrower shoulders, e.g. 40" chest and 18" shoulders point to point (or less), then I think that the jacket works well.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
My experience is true to size = snug fit, which is supposed to be the way this style should. With my long arms, another 1 1/2 to 2 inches in the sleeves would have been great.

Last edited:

winterland1

Practically Family
Try to get exact measurements of the jacket you're buying compared to a jacket you have you like the fit of. Labeled sizes don't mean much unless they offer exact measurements.

Peacoat

Bartender
For me, I found it was a little tight in the chest and shoulders, and I had to go up a size, or maybe even two sizes. Then it was a bit large through the mid section. But it is an excellent jacket.

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
My Vanson Enfield octagon size 40 fits me well with a bit of room to spare - perfect for layering in colder weather. My Vanson Chopper in size Medium fits me well - on the snugger side though. I've tried on Vanson Models A & B, for both I needed size 42. I also wear Schott 141 & Lost Worlds Buco Rider in size 40, both of which fit me well, similar to the Enfield - infact, the Enfield probably has a bit more room to spare than these two. And finally, I'm awaiting a mildly-customized Aero Fontana in size 40, slightly enlarged a fraction of an inch here, an inch there.

Last edited:

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
For me, I found it was a little tight in the chest and shoulders, and I had to go up a size, or maybe even two sizes. Then it was a bit large through the mid section. But it is an excellent jacket.

Yup, my experience, too. But that was a while ago, and I'm assuming the pattern hasn't changed since then.

jon11

A-List Customer
What I have found there is very little between a 38" and a 40", a 38" chest circumference comes out at 45" whereas a 40" is 47" to allow some room for a layer's underneath, shoulders on a 38" is 18" and a 40" 18.5 inches.

Philalethes

A-List Customer
Hi jon11,

I just obtained an Enfield a month or two ago! It is an amazing jacket, which I found true to size.

I was going to size up from a 38 to a 40, based on some comments here and my predilection to layer, but Wade over at Insurrection encouraged me not to. I am glad I did not: the 38 feels perfect.

Bear in mind that it is meant to be a slimmer fitting jacket. But you should still be able to get a sweater under there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran