Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson leather - Chopper jacket

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I have a Langlitz, well, its getting built now, finally paid it off. Hey are AWSOME to deal with. Nothing is too much trouble, very helpful, professional. Funnily enough, .i set out to buy a chopper vanson. Sent 3 emails over 2 weeks and never received a response. I emailed the boss on the website after a few weeks of waiting. It was going to take 10-12 months to have one built as its not a stock item in stores. I ended up buying another Vanson, the dominator. The sizing is crazy tight. I triple checked measurements before buying, it should have been ok. So, was able to get a refund, cost me $120 to post back from Australia. Got onto Langlitz, and got the ball rolling straight away. Should have done it first. Too hard from Australia without being able to try stuff on etc. Chopper is a gorgeous jacket, but it just shouldnt be that hard to spend money...

Pushrod

One of the Regulars
Havn't had a Langlitz for about 10 year now but did have a couple of their jackets and a vintage set of their pants, all top self stuff. I've had several Vansons including their horsehide in the past. I still have a Vanson CHP that is the equal to or better than any jacket I've ever owned. I don't know how the Vanson quality is on their imported jackets though. A guy I know ordered one and after they told him it would be made in the US, it arrived having been made in El Salvador and he sold it at a loss. It was not a CHP model. I've heard bad reports on Vanson's customer service of late.

This is my Vanson CHP. It weights 8lbs

Buffalobars005.jpg

Buffalobars006.jpg

les_garten

One of the Regulars
Havn't had a Langlitz for about 10 year now but did have a couple of their jackets and a vintage set of their pants, all top self stuff. I've had several Vansons including their horsehide in the past. I still have a Vanson CHP that is the equal to or better than any jacket I've ever owned. I don't know how the Vanson quality is on their imported jackets though. A guy I know ordered one and after they told him it would be made in the US, it arrived having been made in El Salvador and he sold it at a loss. It was not a CHP model. I've heard bad reports on Vanson's customer service of late.

This is my Vanson CHP. It weights 8lbs

Buffalobars006.jpg

Great looking Jacket!

Where do they say where they are made? Did the jackets made in El Salvador say "El Salvador" on them?

Pushrod

One of the Regulars
All the Vanson jackets I've had were older and made it the USA. At some point they started producing them in El Salivador. I don't know if all or just some of them. The couple of jackets I saw that were imported had a different tag that said made in El Salvidor. I was told you could request that a jacket be made in the US but the guy I know asked for a US one and they said OK and after it arrived it was a import.

les_garten

One of the Regulars
All the Vanson jackets I've had were older and made it the USA. At some point they started producing them in El Salivador. I don't know if all or just some of them. The couple of jackets I saw that were imported had a different tag that said made in El Salvidor. I was told you could request that a jacket be made in the US but the guy I know asked for a US one and they said OK and after it arrived it was a import.

Here's a pic of the label I found

jpeg_reencoded.jpg

Pushrod

One of the Regulars
Yeah, that's the El Salvador label. It's got that little extra tag under the size tag that says El Salvador. You have got unscrupleous resellers who remove that little tag and say it's made in the USA. I blame Vanson for that, It looks to me anyway like it was designed to be easy to remove, it should be printed on the main label not an extra little easily removed tag. The main label on the import is different though from the honest USA made Vanson. There is only one flag on the label of the USA made jacket and two flags on the import. The main label on the USA jacket says Made in USA.

This is a USA made jacket tag:

zz0zz0001.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot