Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Maverick

JohnS33931

One of the Regulars
BC16080F-61DB-4E4C-AE99-71AA0F6603B6.jpeg
BE69FED1-130A-4B78-B2AD-D7DDE3681BA3.jpeg
B6505114-4B7C-48C4-B3F6-9D5A1668A2E9.jpeg
56F0B1BD-8B3A-4AED-859C-9BD70DD014A5.jpeg
I couldn’t resist the Vanson sale and ordered a Maverick.
Thought it would be larger (46) than it is after talking to a Vanson rep.
She told me that the chest measured 50” and the shoulder was 22”. I get 47” and 21” when I measure it.
Its comp weight and a beautiful jacket, but tight.
Figured I’d post some pics and ask for fit opinions. The shoulder size seems pretty good but its tough to do the snaps, due to my belly.
Thanks for any opinions.

JohnS33931

One of the Regulars
Thanks - when I ordered it, I was considering one of Vanson's streamliners to go with it.
There's no way that I could fit one of those with it, but I'll just wear a different jacket in cold weather.

f2002q

One of the Regulars
Congratulations !!

That looks like a great fit. I'm sure it's as stiff as it looks, but it will soften up a bit after some wear. I see the Vanson collar, sure sign of a new comp. weight jacket!!! I used some Pecard's and a hair dryer on mine and it definitely helped getting it a bit softer.

JohnS33931

One of the Regulars
Congratulations !!

That looks like a great fit. I'm sure it's as stiff as it looks, but it will soften up a bit after some wear. I see the Vanson collar, sure sign of a new comp. weight jacket!!! I used some Pecard's and a hair dryer on mine and it definitely helped getting it a bit softer.
Thanks - I’ll try some Pecard’s - it sure is stiff!

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Send it back. Imo no point in owning a jacket you can’t close. All the other proportions look perfect. A size up may look sloppy. Might just not be the jacket for you.

RustyM

New in Town
Looks really good to me. The leather looks a lot nicer than some of the other new Vansons that have been posted in the last few years, was this a new old stock jacket?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner