Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Model E - Highwayman 44

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Up for a sale is a well pre-loved Vanson Model E, or the Highwayman. I would place this from the mid to late 1980's in terms of vintage. It's been around on this forum, it's a wonderful jacket to wear. Just looking to turn this into a tool for my home remodeling.

This Model E is from a smoke and pet free home. As the photos show, it's well broken in, but being that, it's nearly better than new. The Competition weight leather is something to behold...think leather sweatshirt and you have the right idea!

The lining, the brass zippers and snaps all work well. Both sleeve zippers do not have their pulls, bu the zippers still work fine. There is no belt, however the belt loops are present and this could be added if desired. The leather still have a nice, noticeable leather smell. There is a patch on the right sleeve that is related to motorcycle police which does not bother me. It's tagged a men's 44, but see dimensions below.

Gone to Auction!! Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/153488129099

Now not taking offers here.....

Dimensions:
Pit to Pit: 22.5"
Shoulder: 19.5"
Waist: 21"
Sleeve (straight down) 25"
Torso Length: 21.5"
Back Length: 26.25

A note on the photos, this jacket is very deep black inside & out with some light graying of the edges. The flash - auto mode of my camera was not catching the detail & patina as well as I would like, so I took a few additional shows with the flash off, these appear almost brown, but show more detail. It is not brown in any sense. :)

DSC_0522.JPG
DSC_0523.JPG
DSC_0526.JPG
DSC_0514.JPG
DSC_0516.JPG DSC_0517.JPG DSC_0518.JPG DSC_0520.JPG DSC_0524.JPG

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Woops, I'll put those up this evening, took them, forgot to add them.
Updated, and I'll get the rest of them later tonight

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB