Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson model E

Wdawg

One of the Regulars
This is on the way from the Bay. I already have a Branded CHP but this Vanson will probably blow it out of the water.

Attachments

• highway.jpg
    highway.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 2,109
  • hway.jpg
    hway.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 2,018

Wdawg

One of the Regulars
Listing had that as a 42 but seller got back to me with 21.5 pit to pit. I'll let you know the deal when it arrives.

b1lf

One of the Regulars
Listing had that as a 42 but seller got back to me with 21.5 pit to pit. I'll let you know the deal when it arrives.

Man, that's concerning. The Model E is supposed to have the exact same 6.5" chest ease as the Model B (which I own), and my size 38 has a pit to pit of 22".

I ordered a size 40 in hopes it's ~23"... but every other listing I've seen has a huge amount of variability in final pit to pit measurements. A size 42 would be two sizes up from my Model B, yet a pit to pit measurement that's 1/2" smaller? Weird.

b1lf

One of the Regulars
Vanson’s ease measurement is not solely based on a pit 2 pit measurement.

I understand that, however should I use Vanson's ease measurement, added to the size..... and trust that?

Given the above information I shared on my Model B? Aka order one size up for a slightly looser fit?
Or should I shoot for an actual pit to pit that's slightly larger?

I use Vanson’s ease measurement though on vintage stuff I may focus more on the P2P. I have owned around 15 Vanson and currently own 6 of their jackets, so I have kind of figured out how their ease works for me based on the jacket style, fit I prefer, and purpose of a particular jacket. On me, 6.5 inches of ease is a nice, tad looser but good fit. I prefer 5.5 and have some 4.5 solely for riding. Do you like how the model B fits?

The variance in P2P between the Es you have seen is likely due to operator error or due to the normal differences in sizing between older and newer models...or both lol. It can be hit or miss. I thank a higher power when a jacket arrives measured perfectly. Hence my preference for Vanson’s ease measurement.

Plumbline

One Too Many
This is on the way from the Bay. I already have a Branded CHP but this Vanson will probably blow it out of the water.

This was mine ... on its way to you now.

The pit-pit is 21.5 zipped but that’s a bit deceiving as the bi-swing back provides a lot of flex.

I wear a 42 Aero Highwayman and A 44 in their premier cut .. this fits somewhere in between sort of like a 43. It’s a BEAST leather wise and weighs in at 3.5kg (just under 8lbs).

I believe it’s a late 90’s jacket and it will outlast its new owner and it’s old owner by many decades

b1lf

One of the Regulars
I use Vanson’s ease measurement though on vintage stuff I may focus more on the P2P. I have owned around 15 Vanson and currently own 6 of their jackets, so I have kind of figured out how their ease works for me based on the jacket style, fit I prefer, and purpose of a particular jacket. On me, 6.5 inches of ease is a nice, tad looser but good fit. I prefer 5.5 and have some 4.5 solely for riding. Do you like how the model B fits?

The variance in P2P between the Es you have seen is likely due to operator error or due to the normal differences in sizing between older and newer models...or both lol. It can be hit or miss. I thank a higher power when a jacket arrives measured perfectly. Hence my preference for Vanson’s ease measurement.

I definitely like how the Model B fits, but I downsized aggressively to achieve a slim fit. The bi-swing back is AWESOME. I can barely slip another leather jacket on without this feature; it just feels... wrong. I have a 38 in the B, with P2P of 22". It was ordered ~2 years ago.

I'm seeings E's that are size 42 with 21" P2Ps and the size 40 I ordered....if it comes in at 20" P2P..... isn't going to fit at all.

I'll call Vanson to talk this all over (again); they suggested a 40 if I wanted it a tad looser than the 38 B.

I definitely like how the Model B fits, but I downsized aggressively to achieve a slim fit. The bi-swing back is AWESOME. I can barely slip another leather jacket on without this feature; it just feels... wrong. I have a 38 in the B, with P2P of 22". It was ordered ~2 years ago.

I'm seeings E's that are size 42 with 21" P2Ps and the size 40 I ordered....if it comes in at 20" P2P..... isn't going to fit at all.

I'll call Vanson to talk this all over (again); they suggested a 40 if I wanted it a tad looser than the 38 B.
I think you'll be ok with the 40"...Mine were all 44" and the p2p was spot on 24.5"...I'd think the 40" will be around 22.5"

I’d have to be tracking down that guy in Germany for it.
I wonder if he still has it?
B
Yeah he’d probably sell it to me for double the sale price. It’s crazy man, he paid me three times what I paid for it and wouldn’t take no for an answer. Even after I cancelled the listing and changed my mind. Friggn green beat out grey I guess.

Wdawg

One of the Regulars
This was mine ... on its way to you now.

The pit-pit is 21.5 zipped but that’s a bit deceiving as the bi-swing back provides a lot of flex.

I wear a 42 Aero Highwayman and A 44 in their premier cut .. this fits somewhere in between sort of like a 43. It’s a BEAST leather wise and weighs in at 3.5kg (just under 8lbs).

I believe it’s a late 90’s jacket and it will outlast its new owner and it’s old owner by many decades

It looks amazing man, never had a Vanson before. I usually go after 22.5 pit to pit so if its around that then we're golden, 19" shoulders should be good. That being said, Ton is a 44 and is yoked as hell so who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana