Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson model E

I will openly admit that I have a sick and unhealthy obsession with the above mentioned Vanson, the model E or Highwayman. I have probably owned a dozen of them, from different eras 70's to the present in all sorts of various condition from "new" to "seriously throw that thing away".
It's one of my all time favorite patterns and I've posted them in the jacket o' the day thread several times. My latest acquisition is one I'm really appreciating. It's fairly unique and I figure fans of the brand might get a kick out of seeing a bit more of it. It's a very thick, grainy gray hide. Has C&C zips with brass snaps. No leather lined gun pocket (which is standard) and weighs in right around 8lbs.
IMG_2973.JPG

IMG_2977.JPG

IMG_3008.JPG

IMG_3009.JPG

IMG_2978.JPG

IMG_2894.JPG

Some other E's
IMG_3003.JPG

IMG_7414.JPG

IMG_5611.JPG

IMG_9765.JPG

As a dedicated riding jacket I find it a very useful design. The laced back allows for a very personal fit at the expense of some aesthetics. I also wear it as a straight up foul weather winter jacket. Nothing permeates the hide and the quilted nylon is more than warm enough for the most hideous cold.
Ahhh.... I feel like this was good therapy, thanks for listening.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Quite the collection of the model E. :D Considered it myself but no fan of cigarette pockets on jackets as I am not smoking so I always ruled out all their styles with it and decided for the CHP instead. Only very lately got the thought that I could just use that cigarette pocket for my keys.. oh well... might revisit Vansons perfecto styles next time I buy from them.. :D You still own all these? Couldn't tell which one I like best, all of them look great on you. The grey one is certainly most interesting... is that white contrast stitching?

Quite the collection of the model E. :D Considered it myself but no fan of cigarette pockets on jackets as I am not smoking so I always ruled out all their styles with it and decided for the CHP instead. Only very lately got the thought that I could just use that cigarette pocket for my keys.. oh well... might revisit Vansons perfecto styles next time I buy from them.. :D You still own all these? Couldn't tell which one I like best, all of them look great on you. The grey one is certainly most interesting... is that white contrast stitching?
Thanks JJ. The cig pocket works a phone too. I don't smoke either but find that pocket useful. It's pretty generously sized. The stitching on the gray jacket is a pale gray/ cream color. I don't own all of them anymore but do still have one black one. For whatever reason I really like this pattern!

dubpynchon

One Too Many
I just bought one of these funnily enough, I can't get over the weight. I have to place at at the start or end of the pole in my closet as the weight seems to be dragging down the wood top of the closet. Truly a beast of a jacket.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I said earlier I don't know which one I like best. Made up my mind. The one with the natural/golden fur collar is incredible. Have to get a jacket with that color combination.

That shark E is the best one I've ever seen! It's just so cool and for some reason, it does fit you differently than the others. But that's what Vanson does to ya. I've basically sold and then backed out this one Vanson jacket for like three times. I can't part with it and it's literally the worst fitting jacket I have. But I just love it...

I said earlier I don't know which one I like best. Made up my mind. The one with the natural/golden fur collar is incredible. Have to get a jacket with that color combination.
That collar came off a sportclad m/c jacket that was in shambles. Sent it off to Vanson to place the snaps as the original was a button on. I have another one with a similar natural collar. A real disaster of a jacket, just reeks of oil and smoke. It's in my basement in a storage bin somewhere. I should dig it out and restore it.

That shark E is the best one I've ever seen! It's just so cool and for some reason, it does fit you differently than the others. But that's what Vanson does to ya. I've basically sold and then backed out this one Vanson jacket for like three times. I can't part with it and it's literally the worst fitting jacket I have. But I just love it...
I know man. I love that gray one. It has to be from the 80's. The hide feels nothing like other Vanson's I've had. Way more grainy but soft and stiff all at once. I'd love one in dark, forest green with a brown collar.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
For the record Tony, you're not insane at all! Much, much better investment than sooooo many other things.

I really like those "E's" how many of them do you still own? And that grey one is a collector's item for sure. Wear it and enjoy it.

For the record Tony, you're not insane at all! Much, much better investment than sooooo many other things.

I really like those "E's" how many of them do you still own? And that grey one is a collector's item for sure. Wear it and enjoy it.
I only have the two at the moment. One black and one gray. There's just something about the cut of this jacket. It's functional, easy to wear and built like a brick shithouse. A terrific value imho!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Can't get enough of your gray sharkee! I agree, it's the best fitting one of the lot. You have a special jacket.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
FD05E88F-13C5-4EDD-AEB9-439AB6C86F5B.jpeg
2CD21240-7CFD-4094-A29E-BCEDA2FE1075.jpeg
1A8B288C-9327-461B-8E76-B12E548EF2F9.jpeg
A6FF11DE-5001-4E81-B1BE-23F2B4CF637D.jpeg
C222AE7D-060B-4066-87A5-3D4B73D71DDD.jpeg
Greetings All:
I’ll toss my “E” in here because i love this monster. The leather on this one is so much different to feel than any of my others. Maybe because it’s an older one. Idk. I’m no expert but there is just something about this one that really does it for me. Heavy? Oh yeah! Drapes? Oh yeah! It’s a keeper!!
Let’s see some more.
Be well. Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana