Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Thunderbird

Leadfoot

New in Town
I just placed an order for a custom Thunderbird and I took the opportunity to snap a few pics of the fit jacket while I had it in my possession.

For what it's worth, the Comp Weight leather on the fit jacket was glorious. It felt a bit softer than my Comp Weight Mercury circa 2017. But then I'm convinced that the leather on my Mercury came from a particular stiff and unforgiving batch of Comp Weight leather. haha! By comparison, that Thunderbird gave me the impression that it wouldn't take nearly as much effort to break in. We shall see.

It's gonna be a very long summer. Can't wait!

Fun fact: The Thunderbird is fully insulated, both body and sleeves. I didn't know Vanson did that on any model.

Thunderbird 01.jpg
Thunderbird 04.jpg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
congrats!, looks very clean on the back too, maybe you press post several time not waiting the page to refresh

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
I just placed an order for a custom Thunderbird and I took the opportunity to snap a few pics of the fit jacket while I had it in my possession.

For what it's worth, the Comp Weight leather on the fit jacket was glorious. It felt a bit softer than my Comp Weight Mercury circa 2017. But then I'm convinced that the leather on my Mercury came from a particular stiff and unforgiving batch of Comp Weight leather. haha! By comparison, that Thunderbird gave me the impression that it wouldn't take nearly as much effort to break in. We shall see.

It's gonna be a very long summer. Can't wait!

Fun fact: The Thunderbird is fully insulated, both body and sleeves. I didn't know Vanson did that on any model.

View attachment 325715 View attachment 325716
I really like that clean back

mendelboaz

One Too Many
What a clean design, terrific! IMO I prefer an extra kidney panel/shoulder panel as opposed to a one piece back. but other than that this looks like a fantastic jacket. I hope your custom Thunderbird turns out even better. How did the 40 fit you?

Leadfoot

New in Town
How did the 40 fit you?

It fit perfect but keep in mind that insulation is thick. I ordered mine without the quilted lining. So I'm anticipating having a little extra room to possibly layer.

Also, the arm circumference was huge due to the insulation in the sleeves. I had to have them narrowed a bit so they wouldn't be so baggy.

Another surprise was the sleeve length. It measured 26". For a size 40. Love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk