Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson! Vanson! Vanson!

I asked Kim about octo about a month ago and she said they can no longer get it. Was my plan to have that used for the surrogates HB.

There you go. Too bad. That entire X series was nice. How does the Bainbridge compare? Thinner I guess but with more pull up? Seems like that has become the “replacement” hide.

There you go. Too bad. That entire X series was nice. How does the Bainbridge compare? Thinner I guess but with more pull up? Seems like that has become the “replacement” hide.
It’s def thinner but interestingly enough, about the same weight. I suppose the massive amounts of oil and wax are why. I was surprised to find my bainbridge is only about 1lb lighter than my comp weight jacket. It doesn’t feel like it would be that close. But the fish scale don’t lie.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
When asked Kim about unlisted comet in octagon she said they’re still actively seeking a replacement tannery for octagon. Apparently the replacement batches that have come out so far have been below their standard.

They don’t consider it discontinued, just in limbo.

Hobbes1

A-List Customer
Does anyone know offhand if there is a “typical” chest measurement for Vanson bomber style jackets for tag size 42? IOW, is it likely to be 21” ptp or more like 23” ptp, etc. thanks

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Does anyone know offhand if there is a “typical” chest measurement for Vanson bomber style jackets for tag size 42? IOW, is it likely to be 21” ptp or more like 23” ptp, etc. thanks
I would guess it would be closer to 23”. I have not handled one in person but I think they have at least 4” of chest ease in their casual styles.

f2002q

One of the Regulars
^^
Did you talk to them Jake? They might have leathers they don't list on their website.

When I went to their show room, Kim didn't mention anything about other leathers that they had hidden away. I didn't know to ask either, so we focused on the black comp. I was there for a good 2+ hours looking around. I tried most of what they had in stock.

Oh now thats intriguing... I didn't know that was a thing.
To be honest Jake, I don’t think they’d have much of anything you’d be interested in. I would’ve recommended their former z or x 150’s for you but I believe those are no longer available as well. As for the comp weight, while I like it ok, I do not think it’s a leather you’d care for. I actually plan on giving my new comp weight the acetone and oil punishment this weekend.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
To be honest Jake, I don’t think they’d have much of anything you’d be interested in. I would’ve recommended their former z or x 150’s for you but I believe those are no longer available as well. As for the comp weight, while I like it ok, I do not think it’s a leather you’d care for. I actually plan on giving my new comp weight the acetone and oil punishment this weekend.
I appreciate that insight and honesty. If they had something like Lewis leathers veg tan cowhide I'd be all over it.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would love to hear more about this process Ton!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ