Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson! Vanson! Vanson!

Bluechel

Practically Family
And I just tried something on my new Vanson, you know how the male slider on the main zipper always is the first thing to wear out?
I went into my vintage archery bow repair kit and took a syringe and Loctite 420 “super glue” and injected the tape with the glue. My hope is that hardening that end of the tape will make it more resistant to wear. Kind of like epoxy and fiberglass….
Now to wait ten years and see if it works.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...yeah....that's a neat idea.

Thanks for the comments fellas! My eBay jacket acquisitions always leave me feeling somewhat wanting. This time i can lay back, look at the ceiling and light a cigarette.

Obligatory fit pic after a hot water soak to custom fit. In this pic you can see what I meant about the wind flap being narrow. It catches outside the zip.
Bullseye brave GIF - Find on GIFER

abone

A-List Customer
What will you use to lube the zipper? I got an amazing Vanson at their factory (brand new but I think it was old stock because it was Octagon leather so the zipper doesn't run as smooth as new-new Vansons.)
I’m not scientific about it…when I condition my jackets I just make sure I get whatever conditioner I use onto the zips. I’ve got graphite I use on my old Mustang that would probably work better but that stuff can get messy.
I know wax is the best as others have pointed out but the conditioner works for me. I usually condition with dubbin and it’s primarily bees wax.

Bluechel

Practically Family
So... I actually bought the last Swedish model that was on Ebay a couple weeks ago, in the tobacco leather. I'd been wanting a swedish model for literally years. I couldn't resist that leather...

I'm still in the market for competition leather Swedish jacket when the right one comes along!

And I have a canvas Swedish Tanker milsurp jacket I picked up years ago before they got super trendy and prices went into insanity levels...

View attachment 478940
What’s the general price range on these? Especially Vanson?

I guess I've been a coat guy for a while...

Bluechel

Practically Family
I visited the Vanson factory this morning and they have a Swedish jacket in size 36 in the sale section. I thought it might fit me (40) due to the big P2P but it’s true to size.

One of you should call up and buy it. I didn’t want to scalp it lol.
What was the Swedish priced at?

Bluechel

Practically Family
It is, I really like the button version because the old swedish jackets were button up. It's also a better fitting size than the one that I currently have. If I end up with this one, I'd be pretty tempted to put my tobacco varient up for sale.
What size is your tobacco Variant?

Bluechel

Practically Family
So... I actually bought the last Swedish model that was on Ebay a couple weeks ago, in the tobacco leather. I'd been wanting a swedish model for literally years. I couldn't resist that leather...

I'm still in the market for competition leather Swedish jacket when the right one comes along!

And I have a canvas Swedish Tanker milsurp jacket I picked up years ago before they got super trendy and prices went into insanity levels...

View attachment 478940

I guess I've been a coat guy for a while...
Should these Swedish jackets weig about six pounds?

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Not the most exciting leather in the world but the arm creases are set in extremely nicely, nice teacore as well. I think it may be time for a coat of Urad or something on the high wear areas a little, but hard to get Urad in Australia.

Finally got around to tightening the side laces as well since I've lost a little weight. Super soft and comfortable with easy access to all the pockets and everything makes this my go to jacket. Glad I held onto this one!

366751450_1043665943470350_6303511011764575901_n.jpg 366755706_601339978843193_1861696173475154953_n.jpg

Bluechel

Practically Family
Wrong. They have the same/a similar pattern, but the details are different. The Wolverine doesn't have a top stitch there. The Oxford and Comet do.

The new comp weight is beautiful and very grainy. Most of the comp weight jackets I saw there were full of appealing vintage style grain.

View attachment 512112
Just noticed the $250 on the tag? I gotta get there

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
My tan swedish is a size 42
What size is your tobacco Variant?

That's a size 42"
Measures are:

PTP 29.5”

Back length 27”

Front length 23.5”

Sweep 20

Shoulders 21.5

Arm length from Shoulder 26,

From pit to wrist 23.5P

And it does weigh around 6lbs, can't remember if it was a little more or less. Mine was an Ebay find, $450.00 plus shipping, close to 5 to my door.

On ebay these go for as little as 200 or up to 500, sometimes more, but that's the usual range. It has a wool liner about the thickness of heavy long johns, like a thin sweater. The waist, neck, and wrists all snug up so well that you can feel air woosh out at the cuffs and neck when you move around. It's like wearing a set of bagpipes...

Bluechel

Practically Family
My tan swedish is a size 42

That's a size 42"
Measures are:

PTP 29.5”

Back length 27”

Front length 23.5”

Sweep 20

Shoulders 21.5

Arm length from Shoulder 26,

From pit to wrist 23.5P

And it does weigh around 6lbs, can't remember if it was a little more or less. Mine was an Ebay find, $450.00 plus shipping, close to 5 to my door.

On ebay these go for as little as 200 or up to 500, sometimes more, but that's the usual range. It has a wool liner about the thickness of heavy long johns, like a thin sweater. The waist, neck, and wrists all snug up so well that you can feel air woosh out at the cuffs and neck when you move around. It's like wearing a set of bagpipes...
I just found and purchased the "zipper" version, which you probably know has that Vanson rayon black cloth lining. Size 48, (which is my normal size) in black from the 1990's. Paid a total of $340, 'way outside my usual "looking for a deal" price range, but just HAD to have it. Hoping for the best....

Quick review & pics of my new Vanson...

Bought this one on a whim; It was in Europe & cheap and even though I swore off Cafe racers, I thought I'd give it a try and resell it.

I actually forgot all about it and picking up the package from the post office had me confused as I didn't know what the heck was inside that was so heavy.

Just taking the jacket out of the box reminded me how freaking awesome Vanson is. I've said it before and I'm saying it again, these jackets are equipment. Honestly, I don't really care much about any of this stuff anymore but looking at this cafe racer from, well, different, non-fan perspective, made me feel good about the way I was impressed by it.

In short, this is a damn fine jacket.

Anyway, some pics & I would appreciate if someone could tell me what model exactly this is?

20230816-161431.jpg

20230816-161442.jpg

20230816-161450.jpg

20230816-161503.jpg

20230816-161524.jpg

20230816-161536.jpg

Al 916

One Too Many

Bought this one on a whim; It was in Europe & cheap and even though I swore off Cafe racers, I thought I'd give it a try and resell it.

I actually forgot all about it and picking up the package from the post office had me confused as I didn't know what the heck was inside that was so heavy.

Just taking the jacket out of the box reminded me how freaking awesome Vanson is. I've said it before and I'm saying it again, these jackets are equipment. Honestly, I don't really care much about any of this stuff anymore but looking at this cafe racer from, well, different, non-fan perspective, made me feel good about the way I was impressed by it.

Anyway, some pics & I would appreciate if someone could tell me what model exactly this is?

20230816-161431.jpg

20230816-161442.jpg

20230816-161450.jpg

20230816-161503.jpg

20230816-161524.jpg

20230816-161536.jpg
I think it's Agent X (they did in Bainbridge?)
May well be wrong....

A beauty! Fit pics?

Bluechel

Practically Family

20230816-161431.jpg

20230816-161442.jpg

20230816-161450.jpg

20230816-161503.jpg

20230816-161524.jpg

20230816-161536.jpg
Call Vanson at 508-678-2000 and read 'em the number on that tag! they'll tell you everything. VANSON rocks!!!! beautiful jacket btw

Mandarin

Practically Family

20230816-161431.jpg

20230816-161442.jpg

20230816-161450.jpg

20230816-161503.jpg

20230816-161524.jpg

20230816-161536.jpg
Don't know the exact model, but the leather looks like X 150. Great find!

I think it's Agent X (they did in Bainbridge?)
May well be wrong....

A beauty! Fit pics?

Nah, that's that TB jacket. I'm pretty sure however it's the exact same model used for Rush tour jacket, except with an extra chest pocket but I've no idea what the basis for it is. . .

Too hot for fit pics.

clockwork-angel-jacket.jpg

Don't know the exact model, but the leather looks like X 150. Great find!

Huh, now that you mentioned it, it might be the X 150 as it is different from Vanson Comp. Weight. I just assumed it's a different batch but the stripes are definitely done in what is closer to standard Comp. Weight.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

20230816-161431.jpg

20230816-161442.jpg

20230816-161450.jpg

20230816-161503.jpg

20230816-161524.jpg

20230816-161536.jpg

I love it, Ivan!

If you decide on parting with it, I’d really be interested, depending on measurements. No rush, though. I´d be just as pleased if you’d hold onto it yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR