Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson! Vanson! Vanson!

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
I enjoyed wearing my Model B so much! But it was a House model that someone's removed the patches from so stitch holes always annoyed me but it is among the most perfect, complete jackets that I ever had.
That is SO irritating. One, I LIKE the stripes on the House jacket (and Hugh Laurie is brilliant) but two, if you don't like the patches or stripes on a jacket, just sell it off! I've gotten rid of jackets after deciding I couldn't live with a patch, but I straight up don't buy jackets with holes in them. I've even skipped jackets with straight pin holes on the lapels.
Just don't poke holes in jackets...
We live in a SOCIETY...

@Monitor What happened to your Model B in the end? Sold it off or still have it?
I also like the design quite a bit (apart from body length), but I would gladly take the 9D Oxford instead of this.
Although I guess it's basically the same jacket apart from the collar.

Sold it. Couldn't stand the stitch holes. Can't really settle with that. I also bought that Schott racer jackets with patches that somebody had removed and even though it immediately became the only jacket I wanted to wear, how warm, comfortable & perfect in every way it was. . . But those damn stitch holes. I'd buy another one if it wasn't so ugly with the patches. They should re-release it in clean black.

They don't shorten the B enough for the smaller sizes. That's the issue with them. The one I got was 25" back which is spot on for me.

That is SO irritating. One, I LIKE the stripes on the House jacket (and Hugh Laurie is brilliant) but two, if you don't like the patches or stripes on a jacket, just sell it off! I've gotten rid of jackets after deciding I couldn't live with a patch, but I straight up don't buy jackets with holes in them. I've even skipped jackets with straight pin holes on the lapels.
Just don't poke holes in jackets...
We live in a SOCIETY...

Exactly but if someone had told me, I would't have believed how many jackets there are out there that people have been messing about with, ripping out patches and what not. There's no patch ugly enough that I'd rather have stitch holes instead.

jkoj

Familiar Face
It’s expensive living close to Vanson. Look what I got. Wooop woooop

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpeg
    IMG_0961.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 146

f2002q

One of the Regulars

I’m 1 and 1/2 hours away and the boss has forbidden me to even think about taking a trip there. Last time we went I came out with two jackets.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

This was in the clearance right? I came close to biting several times. It’s so much cooler than the ‘high end’ knockoffs of it lol.

I thank the almighty every day for not putting me close to Vanson, Cal or JL. Good thing LW doesn’t have a shop to visit.

Sweet jacket, and the X is awesome.

jkoj

Familiar Face
I’m 1 and 1/2 hours away and the boss has forbidden me to even think about taking a trip there. Last time we went I came out with two jackets.
I hear that. I don’t even tell my wife when I go there lol
This was in the clearance right? I came close to biting several times. It’s so much cooler than the ‘high end’ knockoffs of it lol.
I wish it was in clearance but it wasn’t. They have 1 left in large. It’s no longer in production I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo