Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson! Vanson! Vanson!

Al 916

One Too Many
Here you are @ton312 Before and after (inch and a half off the sleeve)

20230615_151640.jpg
20230924_081009.jpg

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That looks great, much better fit. I was actually asking about @abone 's new comp weight Vanson. I'm curious about the new comp weight.
It's really beautiful. I took some photos of it at the factory earlier this year but haven't taken the stuff off my camera's memory card.

I'm curious if the brown core version is just a different treatment of the same leather.

abone

A-List Customer
Can you post some pics?! How's the hide?
It’s an Oxford with an Enfield twist. Enfield style slanted front pocket but switched to my right side. Two inside pockets, horizontal and vertical, removed the back centre seam. Everything else is Oxford, except for the addition of a two-way zip.
The leather is very nice. Thick but soft, wearable right away without the break-in pain. Measures about 1.4mm at the wrist gussets and weighs exactly 5.5 lbs.
When I took it out of the box I said f$@k it’s not stiff but after wearing it a couple times I’m glad. It’s extremely wearable and I’m too old to go through 2-3 years before it’s comfortable.

Attachments

• IMG_9878.jpeg
    IMG_9878.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_9880.jpeg
    IMG_9880.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_9881.jpeg
    IMG_9881.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 132
It’s an Oxford with an Enfield twist. Enfield style slanted front pocket but switched to my right side. Two inside pockets, horizontal and vertical, removed the back centre seam. Everything else is Oxford, except for the addition of a two-way zip.
The leather is very nice. Thick but soft, wearable right away without the break-in pain. Measures about 1.4mm at the wrist gussets and weighs exactly 5.5 lbs.
When I took it out of the box I said f$@k it’s not stiff but after wearing it a couple times I’m glad. It’s extremely wearable and I’m too old to go through 2-3 years before it’s comfortable.
I love the slanted chest pocket. Great call on that.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Ha ha, yup. It’s a perfect design for me. Casual, dress, and bike if I want. Just fits me well. Vanson Oxford in a 42 is spot on. Other Vanson’s I’ve gone with a 44 but Oxford in 42 needs no tweaks.
Fits you much better than your raid,,, I would sell that if I was you :)

Bluechel

Practically Family
I believe those will come to be more and more collectible, especially in that amazing leather....

Rebus

Familiar Face
Outstanding!

Khilij

One of the Regulars
Woah! That is one heck of a jacket! Enjoy it well.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
IMG_3149.png
IMG_3150.png

Any Vanson experts here that know if Vanson has made “Japanese sized” jackets? I found this maverick in Japan with extremely weird measurements for a size 40. Both shoulder and body width are way too small for size 40. What do you guys think? Is this a jacket produced for the Japanese market or are the measurements off?
IMG_3150.png

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Most likely their measuring is just silly.
Here is another example from the same seller:
1704122925550.png

A size 42 jacket with 42 shoulders and 43 width? Maybe size 42EU = 32US in this case?
I can understand how width/chest/pit-to-pit can be measured poorly by going seam to seam, but how do you measure shoulder width wrongly? No idea.
Ask buyee support to contact the seller and measure again?

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Most likely their measuring is just silly.
Here is another example from the same seller:
View attachment 575987
A size 42 jacket with 42 shoulders and 43 width? Maybe size 42EU = 32US in this case?
I can understand how width/chest/pit-to-pit can be measured poorly by going seam to seam, but how do you measure shoulder width wrongly? No idea.
Ask buyee support to contact the seller and measure again?
I think most of these brands will use EU sizing for their clothing. This isn't US size 42, so the sizing makes sense to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy