Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Zirconian Leather

jglf

A-List Customer
Does anyone have any recent experience with Vanson’s Zirconian (Z150) leather? I’m thinking of purchasing their Royale Enfield but am afraid that their z150 leather is a thinner version of their comp leather. I have seen some examples of it being different and nice and others of it being the same. I know they’ve switched tanneries numerous times over the years and was hoping someone has a recent example from their current tannery.

Psant25

One Too Many
Not sure anyone with the newer z150. I had 4-5 model B in comp weight over the years one was a custom by TB in z150. Basically after break in it was somewhat lighter weight otherwise similar feel and grain. Obviously different tanneries now so who knows. Out of curiosity why choose z150 over say comp weight? My guess is that Carrie over at TB would know best what Vanson has been putting out leather wise and what differences if any. Good luck that is a great pattern.
Brad

jglf

A-List Customer
Not sure anyone with the newer z150. I had 4-5 model B in comp weight over the years one was a custom by TB in z150. Basically after break in it was somewhat lighter weight otherwise similar feel and grain. Obviously different tanneries now so who knows. Out of curiosity why choose z150 over say comp weight? My guess is that Carrie over at TB would know best what Vanson has been putting out leather wise and what differences if any. Good luck that is a great pattern.
Brad
The royale enfield only comes in z150 without going custom. I had their comp weight from a few years ago and wasn’t a huge fan of it.

Schambach

Practically Family
I've got a DRAC with the z150 hide. It's a bit thinner than the comp weight, but otherwise pretty similar. I use the jacket for warmer weather on the bike, so it's perfect for that.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
I have a Vanson Wild One and Chopper, both in Z150. I like it, its lighter than their comp weight and doesn’t seem to be in a rush to break in, I doubt it’ll ever drape like some other leathers. It’s shiny as well. In spite of all this I really like it, it’s a good leather. The Chopper in particular is a great looking jacket, and I picked it up as new on eBay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112