Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vaseline

Avalon

A-List Customer
Vintage Betty said:
he made me promise to never use Vaseline (and one other common product that I can't remember right now)

Okay, darling, you have to try and remember the other thing, I'm insanely curious now! lol

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
certainlyred said:
Yes, seriously. Inquiring minds want to know.

Blue twist off bottle...typically used by people for face cream and for burns?? :rage: Arrrgghhhh...blanking out! Been around since 1930 or so I believe? Pictures ladies! I need pictures!!

Josephine

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
Blue twist off bottle...typically used by people for face cream and for burns?? :rage: Arrrgghhhh...blanking out! Been around since 1930 or so I believe? Pictures ladies! I need pictures!!

Noxema? Am I going to have to go and throw my daughter's jar out? :eek:

Joli7211

Familiar Face
BakingInPearls said:
Seems to me the what it will end up doing is trapping in the moisture and oil on your face. I think your best option if you have oily skin is a clay mask once or twice a week. Vaseline is great for burns because it keeps the area moist but to leave on your face for extended periods of time could potential clogg your pores. Hopefully that helps a bit plus I think it would be too messy to even think about doing!

I don't know about vaseline on your face, but on a burn? As a cook I can say: Never, never, never, never, never! At the time of the burn the best thing you can do is put your burn in ice water to "stop the cooking process" :eek: (a gross way to think about a burn, I know, but a very acurate analogy none the less...) Then let "air dry" under a gauze bandage.

I'm a good cook, honest, but it took some trial and error to get to where I am now, along with a few injuries along the way. :rolleyes:

Tigerlily

One of the Regulars
Sunland Sare said:
hmmm, a glow from a peachy fuzz on your face, you say? i think i'll politely decline lol

On camera, of course. ;) I actually like the peach fuzz on my face. It's not noticeable though.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Vintage Betty said:
I don't recognize the current labels. Does anyone have photos of the older jars? :rolleyes:

VB

A link and a photo.. two different jar labels, both Noxema.

http://www.tias.com/cgi-bin/showcase-item.cgi?itemKey=1922947460&store=/stores/bchincamaro

noxema.jpg

Vintage Betty

Thanks a bunch! But that's not the product. Let me get to a Drug Store (Of course, I was there shopping about 3 hours ago...:rolleyes: ) and I'll take a look at the shelves.

VB

Vintage Betty

~*Red*~ said:
Could it be Vicks Vap-o-Rub? That's the only other blue jar I have ever seen.

vicks.jpg

Nope, I'm sure it was a topical application for the face. I think this thread should officially be renamed: "Let's Help Vintage Betty Combat the Affects of Aging and Losing Her Memory". lol

VB

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Vintage Betty said:
Nope, I'm sure it was a topical application for the face. I think this thread should officially be renamed: "Let's Help Vintage Betty Combat the Affects of Aging and Losing Her Memory". lol

VB

Hee hee! :D Well, I'm very intrigued now..it's the Mystery of the Blue Jar...(and it's terrible contents you should never put on your skin...)lol

melbournian

New in Town
My mum swears by vaseline. she slathers it on her hands every night and has the babiest soft hands ever. I on the other hand am too lazy/forgetful to wear hand cream and that coupled with bar work at the restaurant has given me very rough, dry hands. Maybe I should vaseline them. I used to use it around my hairline when I dyed my hair to prevent skin stains, and as a lip balm/brow grooming gel.

Joli7211

Familiar Face
melbournian said:
My mum swears by vaseline. she slathers it on her hands every night and has the babiest soft hands ever. I on the other hand am too lazy/forgetful to wear hand cream and that coupled with bar work at the restaurant has given me very rough, dry hands. Maybe I should vaseline them. I used to use it around my hairline when I dyed my hair to prevent skin stains, and as a lip balm/brow grooming gel.

On hands, yes, I do that with one of my daughters especially in winter because her hands can get terribly chapped and cracked. If I don't catch it in time with regular hand cream during the day, I'll liberally coat her hands with vaseline, have her put on gloves and send her to bed. It works really well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner