Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vehicles owned by Outerwear members?

RL204

One of the Regulars
Sold a couple toys this month to keep the money fire that racing is burning bright.

sold 2005 Ducati 749R
C5C70211-4F8F-457A-A731-DDB6D13E0959.jpeg

Sold yamaha yzf450 flat tracker
64E036FF-734E-4B7F-92F0-CE2130F4DE7D.jpeg

My 2020 Ducati V4 mid life crisis that I’m madly in love with and will finally get to race this weekend.

E7F77F8C-63BC-4C4A-B2D6-AF62EBC97BA6.jpeg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I do not drive much but, my first car was a Yellow 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440. I bought it from my mother for 350 dollars in 1979. The car was in bad shape, but I labored intensely and got it to run as it should. I was 15.5 and ready to drive but I truly did not appreciate at that time how that car changed my life. What a car that was. I then got a nice match box Porsche.
Many cars after that including Mercedes,Land Rover Disco I and Lexus Ls 400. My current car is a 350z I purchased new in 06 and highly modified by me. Also my daily driver is a Sierra 4x4 that serves as my toy hauler.
Currently in my stable I have HD road king in Pewter pearl, Ducati 1198 white pear, Honda RC51 in pristine condition, Bmw gs 1200 rallye in white and red frame, and gs1200 silver and black adventure, Yamaha dynasty scooter.

The Scooter is lots of fun!

Your MOTHER was driving a 70 Challenger R/T 440!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? Bro, you've got some good genes..........

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Your MOTHER was driving a 70 Challenger R/T 440!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? Bro, you've got some good genes..........

Yes, She is a cool lady. She also had a 1964 impala ss. My sisters and I could hear our mother turning the corner in our street. That gave us time to clean up the mess around the house. Very funny memories. I remember as a boy, all the guys at the car wash would always love to drive the car to the dried up area. Great memories...

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fresh Breeze
Not a vehicle but a sailboat I sold yesterday after owning 4 years. I purchased this boat in Rockhall MD and had it trucked to san Francisco Bay Aera. Mine was hull # 15 of 16 built high-end sea-kindly boats.
1CFD687B-763A-4D39-8AD3-CE3589F85169_1_105_c.jpeg
53C11B8F-4C27-4F74-8EFA-E36D6411C113_1_105_c.jpeg
871BBA6A-7574-49FB-8D17-D495781C61C6_1_105_c.jpeg
55A3C9D4-BFA9-4F91-8C5E-2445555BFB44_1_105_c.jpeg

I sold Fresh Breeze after buying this Morris Ocean 46 " Marguerite" I named after my mother inlaw a larger boat more equiped and suited for long ocean passages
I plan to sail her to Hawaii and to the San Juan Islands up the inside passage to Southern Alaska and back home to the San Francisco Bay

Marguerite being loaded in Annapolis MD bound for Richmon CA. She looks better now I just spent two weeks striping the varnish down to bare wood and a[[ping 10 coats of varnish labor-intense lot of sanding
IMG_9551.jpg
E1FE64E5-33CD-45C9-9EFB-37734306DB73_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:

Riu

Practically Family
Fresh Breeze
Not a vehicle but a sailboat I sold yesterday after owning 4 years. I purchased this boat in Rockhall MD and had it trucked to san Francisco Bay Aera. Mine was hull # 15 of 16 built high-end sea-kindly boats. View attachment 344225 View attachment 344226 View attachment 344227 View attachment 344228

I sold Fresh Breeze after buying this Morris Ocean 46 " Marguerite" I named after my mother inlaw a larger boat more equiped and suited for long ocean passages
I plan to sail her to Hawaii and to the San Juan Islands up the inside passage to Southern Alaska and back home to the San Francisco Bay

Marguerite being loaded in Annapolis MD bound for Richmon CA. She looks better now I just spent teo weeks striping the varnish down to bare wood and a[[ping 10 coats of varnish labor intense lot of sanding View attachment 344230 View attachment 344231

Beautiful boats! I'm sure you'll have a blast with the new one.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Fresh Breeze
Not a vehicle but a sailboat I sold yesterday after owning 4 years. I purchased this boat in Rockhall MD and had it trucked to san Francisco Bay Aera. Mine was hull # 15 of 16 built high-end sea-kindly boats. View attachment 344225 View attachment 344226 View attachment 344227 View attachment 344228

Marguerite being loaded in Annapolis MD bound for Richmon CA. She looks better now I just spent teo weeks striping the varnish down to bare wood and a[[ping 10 coats of varnish labor intense lot of sanding View attachment 344230 View attachment 344231

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwfcbjd7U7I

Darn!! Reminds me of that scene in Romancing the Stone.
Hope you got the boots to go with it. B

Herresbach

Familiar Face
Marvelous boat!
just wondering, why the heck did you name it after your mother in law? is it so that you can tell your wife you are spending time with "Marguerite" when you are actually on your boat? ;)

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This thread is about vehicles owned, which is why I left this one out from a previous post. Do you remember the chase scene from Dr. No? The one where Bond is in a Sunbeam Alpine with what is, I think, a big black Caddy Limo in pursuit. You can keep Bond's Alpine, how I loved that limo.

Not long after the Packard a new love interest appeared:
buick 1939 2.jpg
buick 1939.jpg

Having sold a car that had proved difficult tp source spares for, it would be folly to go and do the same again. But truth be told, I did get to the point of measuring the car's dimensions to make sure it would fit in our garage. It took my wife, Tina, to give me a reality check. You can see her here, looking every bit the part.

All you fans of the big limo, can you help? Was that Big Black Beastie chasing Bond a Cadillac? The former wedding car above is, I think, a Buick, but I just can't remember. Anyone know? I'm intrigued as to how both the Packard and the Buick are in right hand drive. What market were they sold to?

Jules Myers

One of the Regulars
This thread is about vehicles owned, which is why I left this one out from a previous post. Do you remember the chase scene from Dr. No? The one where Bond is in a Sunbeam Alpine with what is, I think, a big black Caddy Limo in pursuit. You can keep Bond's Alpine, how I loved that limo.

Not long after the Packard a new love interest appeared:
View attachment 344235 View attachment 344236

Having sold a car that had proved difficult tp source spares for, it would be folly to go and do the same again. But truth be told, I did get to the point of measuring the car's dimensions to make sure it would fit in our garage. It took my wife, Tina, to give me a reality check. You can see her here, looking every bit the part.

All you fans of the big limo, can you help? Was that Big Black Beastie chasing Bond a Cadillac? The former wedding car above is, I think, a Buick, but I just can't remember. Anyone know? I'm intrigued as to how both the Packard and the Buick are in right hand drive. What market were they sold to?

According to the IMDb.org, its a 1949 Humber Super Snipe Mk II

https://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-Humber_model-Super+Snipe+Mk+II+Hearse.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto