Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vehicles owned by Outerwear members?

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
Recent trip to the San Juan Mountains in Colorado... the old Jeep brought us back in one piece.
7A58D44A-A03E-4F13-AF5E-C3C79B37A7C9.jpeg
5447E830-281A-406C-8A15-B5A53C7C5AC5.jpeg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I'm at a year of ownership of this beast and a year of barely using my car.
The switch to using my bike for 95% of my travels has been amazing, no regrets whatsoever.
Rain or shine, hot or cold, i use my bike, i only use the car when something doesn't fit the boxes.
I am actually looking forward to winter riding, currently dealing with leaves all over the roads which i dislike more than plain old cold.

U5nuvt1.jpg

Qn5N02U.jpg

F5RYJkV.jpg

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
Beautiful bike! I did the 95% bike thing before, which only made me realize I wasn’t as much man as I’d hoped! Our Midwest winters can be a little harsh for riding. And yes, wet leaves on the road don’t feel much different than a sheet of ice when on two wheels.
I'm at a year of ownership of this beast and a year of barely using my car.
The switch to using my bike for 95% of my travels has been amazing, no regrets whatsoever.
Rain or shine, hot or cold, i use my bike, i only use the car when something doesn't fit the boxes.
I am actually looking forward to winter riding, currently dealing with leaves all over the roads which i dislike more than plain old cold.

U5nuvt1.jpg

Qn5N02U.jpg

F5RYJkV.jpg

So33

One of the Regulars
Showed this before separately. Last week Picked up a trailer to go to the local car/motorcycle shows. Only tested it on road once so far. Doesn’t go modern car speeds and needs plenty of stopping room.

Attachments

• DB36507F-DADA-4F06-84CE-36D1EB519B7F.jpeg
    DB36507F-DADA-4F06-84CE-36D1EB519B7F.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 73
  • EF6520D8-E02E-424A-A313-8495C0F67F75.jpeg
    EF6520D8-E02E-424A-A313-8495C0F67F75.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 68

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful bike! I did the 95% bike thing before, which only made me realize I wasn’t as much man as I’d hoped! Our Midwest winters can be a little harsh for riding. And yes, wet leaves on the road don’t feel much different than a sheet of ice when on two wheels.

This is only my second winter on the bike, but from what i have gathered last year it's all about having the right gear.
I use thick leather jackets up to december, but when it gets close to freezing or freezing i switch to a goretex riding suite, with a lot of wool layered and a down puffer underneath my jacket.
That plus the wind protection from the GS and the heated saddle and grips really makes it useable even when it is freezing. I rode in freezing temperatures (around -5c/23F) on salted roads last year and it was fine.

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
This is only my second winter on the bike, but from what i have gathered last year it's all about having the right gear.
I use thick leather jackets up to december, but when it gets close to freezing or freezing i switch to a goretex riding suite, with a lot of wool layered and a down puffer underneath my jacket.
That plus the wind protection from the GS and the heated saddle and grips really makes it useable even when it is freezing. I rode in freezing temperatures (around -5c/23F) on salted roads last year and it was fine.
Sounds like you have the gear nailed down. I was not lucky enough to have heated saddle/grips. I was riding a Honda VTX1800 at the time. Enjoy!

Peacoat

Bartender
I have about 20 years of winter riding. Heated grips and saddle is an excellent idea. Not having that, I used a heated vest or a heated jacket with heated gloves. It was simple to plug in the jacket or the vest, but the gloves were a bit more problematic. The heated grips would obviate the need for heated gloves–no more plugging in.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So around my 20's I rode my motorcycle in the winter. Was my only vehicle and to be mobile at will, I had no choice. But was not fun, because I had no good and especially warm motorcycle clothes for lack of funds.
Since then, I do not tear myself to ride a motorcycle in the cold.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I have about 20 years of winter riding. Heated grips and saddle is an excellent idea. Not having that, I used a heated vest or a heated jacket with heated gloves. It was simple to plug in the jacket or the vest, but the gloves were a bit more problematic. The heated grips would obviate the need for heated gloves–no more plugging in.

Honestly, heated saddle is amazing. On paper i would not have paid for it, but it was included in the option packs, now that i have used it i could not do without in winter.
It really keeps your entire body much warmer. I experimented with turnign it off after riding for a bit in the cold, and within 5 minutes you feel like you are sitting on a park bench in a blizzard. Put the heated seat back on and you warm up in no time.
I even have pillion heated seat with separate controls that the passenger can use themselves. My GF loves it and uses it even when it isn't that cold, she says it helps with her back pain.
This bike is brilliant.

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
Seeing all the beautiful bikes is painful! I’ve ridden most of my adult life. I agreed to give it up for my wife, who is terrified of me riding a bike.. I suppose maybe I can talk her around at some point . Here are my most recent bikes I sold a couple years ago
B6DB9F2A-D1ED-4ADC-9B3A-FECD075DD54A.jpeg

Attachments

• 6EA5CC64-082B-4A19-B17C-CBCB644E3334.jpeg
    6EA5CC64-082B-4A19-B17C-CBCB644E3334.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 55

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I commute on two wheels all year round. Winter riding is all about wind blocking on the bike and in the gear. For the bike a large windscreen that either blocks wind to the grips or a windscreen + grip covers make a huge difference. For clothing getting well sealed up with no exposed skin or gaps where wind can get in is essential. Neck gaiters (probably one of the most important parts of staying warm), insulated gauntlet gloves, long underwear, a thick insulating mid layer and a wind/water proof outer layer work for me down to around 20-30f. If I had any significant highway riding on my commute I'd probably add heated gear but for my short stop and go commute it's too much of a hassle to connect wiring or recharge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot