Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vest color help needed.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Some gray slacks would look really good with that jacket, and khakis would be fine too.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
How's this?

newcoat.png

dnjan

One Too Many
There is an age-bias involved, but button the top button and snug-up the tie.

A tie worth wearing is worth wearing correctly.

I know that many guys don't like to button the top button of the shirt it is too restraining or they feel like they are choking.

To be honest when somebody measures me for a shirt the neck size is invariably too tight for comfort.

I have bought shirts with the neck a half size larger than the guy at the store has measured just to be comfy

The picture looks like a good start. Just so you know, it's a little too dark to get a call on the colors, you might open the blinds to get a little natural light in to help. Also if you can you might want to include your shoes so we can tell you if you are making any faux pas.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
There is an age-bias involved, but button the top button and snug-up the tie.

A tie worth wearing is worth wearing correctly.

I actually have to get a bigger shirt, this one wont button the top LOL I never wore it with a tie.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
The picture looks like a good start. Just so you know, it's a little too dark to get a call on the colors, you might open the blinds to get a little natural light in to help. Also if you can you might want to include your shoes so we can tell you if you are making any faux pas.

newcoat3.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
That looks very nice.

A little tip my grandmother taught me about shirts. If you can't do up your shirt and tie without hanging yourself standing up, then simply pick out the thread on the button and re-sew it onto the shirt a few fractions of an inch closer to the edge of the shirt. That way you can do up your collar without choking to death and you can wear your tie more comfortably.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
Ok, I replaced the buttons to look less "navy uniform"

coat_new_buttons.jpg

(please ignore shirt and lack of tie. just threw coat on for photo)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav