Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vetiver scent

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Revisiting a vetiver cologne. Wanting a summer time vetiver, casual, fun, those days when I go to the office and will be out running errands in either khakis or even shorts. First thing on Saturday morning or a quick touch before going to a BBQ Saturday night.

Some thoughts rolling around my head:

Terre D' Hermes - that orange and flint note at the top end, got compliments when I wear it

Guerlain Leau Boise : vetiver and mint? It is said to be light

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver - liked it, more citrus/lemon that grass

Comme des Garcons Vettiveru: nice, fleeting, cheap but hard to find now

Guerlain Vetiver - maybe too heavy or formal?

Givenchy Vetyver: same as with Guerlain?

Mugler Cologne - fresh, soapy, cheap, and less developed than Creed original vetiver but much cheaper

Anyone comment on any of these?

Last edited:

ariahokas

Familiar Face
Actually I think I have a few things that for that category.

Byredo Bal D'Afrique — it's not usually spoken about as being a vetiver, but it absolutely is. It's a very playful, younger vetiver that is one of the best on the market. I don't know anyone who doesn't love it.

Hermes Hermescence Vetiver Tonka — A great vetiver gourmand. It's sweet, kind of dry, casual, but classy. A real masterpiece, but expensive for the performance. The longevity isn't great :-/

Tauer Vetiver Dance — Andy Tauer is a real outlier. He's a master and beats his own drum. Vetiver Dance is unlike any vetiver at all. It has a thick and sophisticated vibe like all his stuff. It has similarities to Vetiver Tonka but not as sweet to my nose. It's more natural and dirty smelling.

Hermes Voyage EdP — I prefer this to Terre...Vetiver and fresh and just really decent.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Love Byredo line, the Seven Veils smells so great on my wife, a carrot note no less. Probably a bit more than I want to spend ($150 or so for 1.6 ounces). The Vetiver Tonka, not looking for gourmand. Tauer, loved his LDDM, got to go read up on that one.

Amir

New in Town
I enjoy Creed Original Vetiver. It's everything you said about Mugler, only more refined and richer. But, the vetiver is in name only - at least compared to Guerlain, Givenchy, etc. The grass is always greener...(?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner