Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VI dress for a job interview?

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Dear ChanteuseCarey

Dear ChanteuseCarey, I just 'love' the style you have with the vintage furs and hats..et al. And you carry it off so effortlessly,..you are one classy dame, and that's a fact!!

However, for the interview you almost have to treat your dress sense as rather conservative wallpaper and allow "your answers and verbal presentation' to create the 'picture' on the wall.

So, play the game with the interview panel and dress as they would expect (things like the furs and the hat can be just too much for the modern interviewer to handle...sadly, but true...[huh] I know...tasteless lot!!;) )

You are there to sell 'what you can offer and do for them.' Not sell your wonderful sense of fashion that you have - but that will come later ;)

Secure the job first. Then you can start being more self expressive. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that it's the way the whole job/interview game works (I've had to swallow my pride any number of times, just to give the interview panel what they want, and 'then' once into the job, dress as you feel most comfortable!!).

Keep posting the wonderful pictures ChanteuseCarey, as I have no doubt they are inspiring a whole generation of gals on TFL!! Thanks for your contributions and good luck with that job (as it must be stressful going into the job market again, having been out for a while).

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you to everyone ...

Even though this thread was in the suit section! All of your replies mean a lot to me personally. I appreciate each one of you for the thought and concern you offered in your valuable advice to me.

Too bad there is not something I can work in utilizing my college degrees- Bachelor in both Cultural Anthropology and Behavioral Science. I graduated five weeks before our first child was born.

It had been recommended that I take the C-Best test out here to be able to substitute teach in the Fall. Pretty good money compared to retail but I really need something sooner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo