Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vicenza Horse Hide Patina?

Xopher

A-List Customer
Howdy folks,

I was wondering how quickly does Aeros Vicenza leather patina?

Does it happen quickly or take many years?

Does anyone have photos they can share or the wear?

Thank you

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
It would depend on which color you get. Lighter colors usually age quicker and/or more noticeably. The blackened brown Vicenza also has more aging potential than standard black.

I do not own any Vicenza, but I've handled Vicenza jackets that have been worn for years and they don't age as drastically as other vegetable tanned leathers from what I've seen.

Don't take what I say as gospel, though. There are other much more experienced Aero guys on here.

Psant25

One Too Many
I have two black vic jackets now and they seem like totally different leathers. One is more grainy and pliable the other feels and wears like a firmer cxl. Both are heavier than a brown vic type iii i had some years back that broke in easy.

I think there is going to be quite the variation batch to batch. Not much patina so far sorry… and with these it is gonna take some time

look up the guy that wore a vic crosszip cross country on a bike. Thurston i think has it on their IG
IMG_0449.jpeg
IMG_0582.jpeg

Al 916

One Too Many
T
I have two black vic jackets now and they seem like totally different leathers. One is more grainy and pliable the other feels and wears like a firmer cxl. Both are heavier than a brown vic type iii i had some years back that broke in easy.

I think there is going to be quite the variation batch to batch. Not much patina so far sorry… and with these it is gonna take some time

look up the guy that wore a vic crosszip cross country on a bike. Thurston i think has it on their IG
View attachment 527994 View attachment 527995
How old is you CHPs please? (rather nice)

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 527994 View attachment 527995

Still can´t believe that the CHP is actually Vicenza. Looks fantastic!

Damon141

Practically Family
This one looks really similar to my untrained eye to a random Shinki teacore jacket slightly used.
I really wish I knew the exact appeal of that Shinki teacore. Is it the way the pigment comes off, maybe fade vs flaking?
Can’t be the grain because it’s going to vary from hide to hide.

I have swatches but they don’t tell the full story. I guess you just have to own one to know.

zebedee

One Too Many
I have a Mariner in dark seal and a Cafe Racer in blackened brown - the latter is too new to show much wear, but the Mariner is revealing a lighter brown undertone at cuff edges, etc. Vicenza wears through more slowly than CXL but quicker than goat. In terms of drape and weight, I reckon Vicenza is my first choice if I go for another jacket.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
This one looks really similar to my untrained eye to a random Shinki teacore jacket slightly used.
I really wish I knew the exact appeal of that Shinki teacore. Is it the way the pigment comes off, maybe fade vs flaking?
Can’t be the grain because it’s going to vary from hide to hide.
In my experience with Vicenza most of the grain is visible from the start when the jacket is brand new and the grain is relatively evenly spread. It almost looks printed. Little additional graining will develop when breaking in.

A lot of Shinki hides (not all) are perfectly smooth when new and will develop wild, uneven graining when breaking in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner