Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage 1940s/1950s Front Quarter Horsehide Jacket Size Large by Sierra Sportswear

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Just posted to ebay, a killer thrift store find: a vintage front quarter horsehide jacket.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Click here for the auction.

Vintage 1940s 1950s Front Quarter Horsehide Leather Jacket

Details:
*medium brown stiff and heavy front quarter horse hide
*Vintage "Serval" center zipper
*Knit cuffs and waistband
*Contoured 1940s collar
*Dual handwarmer pockets
*Three panel sleeves
*Single panel back with rear yoke
*"Earl-Glo" Rayon lined
*By "Sierra Sportswear"

Measurements
*Chest(pit to pit across the front): 23 inches
*shoulders (shoulder seam to seam across the front): 19 inches
*Sleeves (shoulder seam to the end of a cuff): 25 inches
*total length: 25 inches

Condition:
Please see pictures for signs of wear and patina to the horsehide. I can provide more pictures, or close ups if needed. As vintage horsehide collectors know, these jackets are meant to show signs of wear (patina) which adds to the aesthetic quality and character of the jacket: no two are ever alike in that regard. The shoulders are a bit dry and could use conditioning, preferably with an antique leather cream, like Pecard's. Furthermore, the zipper is quite tarnished, the former owner's ("Stan") name is written in the lining, and there is wear to the knit cuffs and waistband. See pics and feel free to ask questions. I can provide more pictures to you directly as long as you contact me well before the auction is over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred