Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage 1950s Albert Richard Horsehide Jacket-Size 42/44

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I had this in another thread and it got lost.

Albert Richard was a brand/label used by Fried-Ostermann in Milwaukee Wisconsin. Albert goes back to the 1920s selling a variety of men's outerwear. They also had contracts for military equipment during the war years.

This is a very popular style seen in catalogs throughout the 1950s. Sears called this the B-15 jacket. I would surmise that many of the Sears jackets were made by Fried-Ostermann. This jacket comes from the early 50s as the company and name were sold in the later 50s.

GOOD: The jacket is made in a beautiful brown horsehide. Albert was very much into high quality leather. The leather is in excellent condition throughout the jacket, exceptional depth of color in the finish. Check the photos. The knits all around are in find condition and do not need attention. The Alpaca lining has some light wear, but nothing significant. The Knits have excellent Spring.

NEEDS: The pin side is detached from the tape and will have to be replaced. The pull side is good. Replacing one side if you can source the original zipper. It is a Conmar. The left upper sleeve needs to be re-sewn (Pictured)

If you buy this I can deliver it to Dena at Great Leathers and she can ship it to you after repairs.

Priced to Move: $145 shipped in CONUS.

Easy Payment Plan available Please ask for details

DSC05585.JPG
DSC05587.JPG
DSC05588.JPG
DSC05598.JPG
DSC05603.JPG
DSC05606.JPG
DSC05610.JPG
DSC05584.JPG

Attachments

• DSC05586.JPG
    DSC05586.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Timmytimeify

New in Town
Wow, nice jacket. I wonder how much the necessary alterations will cost when it is all said and done? $75 for a zipper replacement, but how much to redo the left sleeve stitching?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Wow, nice jacket. I wonder how much the necessary alterations will cost when it is all said and done? $75 for a zipper replacement, but how much to redo the left sleeve stitching?

I would think $100 would cover the cost. Find a repair shop near you and ask. Zipper repair is a common task if they work on leather. A Talon from the 50s is an easy zipper to find. This is a pretty common conmar, but they made less of them so harder to find. I may even have an original, I will look.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
@photo2u here is the pic.

The buyer is getting the jacket for $80 and $20 shipping.

I'm getting to the point of just fixing it myself and keeping it after looking at the fit pics again. This is a high quality jacket.

upload_2022-1-26_10-25-52.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto