Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage 2-Player Card Games?

K

kpreed

Anyone know of any card games for just my partner and me? I have a few like "Flinch" and "Touring", but their must be more. My hands shake very bad and I have tried some old board type games I have. The dice rolling or wheel spinning is really bad for me to do right now. I am now doing only card games now, but most I find need more players like whist or bridge. Any help?

K

kpreed

jgilbert said:
Cribbage. My Mother taught me I taught my daughter you can play all day
Cribbage was a favorite game of mine, but I am not to good now with the peg thing. Thanks anyway, I sure hate being disabled.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As mentioned above, Cribbage and Gin Rummy are huge favorites of mine. You could always try Five-card draw, or Texas Hold 'em poker games. Or if you like something simple, there are some really fun, challenging variations on Crazy 8's I enjoy.

Details of Crazy 8's variation I play (in case you're interested):
1. Basic rules apply, you start w/8 cards, 8's are wild, the dealer flips first card from draw-deck to start play, each play must follow suit or number. Person who "cards-out" wins.
2. If you can't play a card, you must draw one and skip your turn.
3. Laying a 2 down requires the next player to draw two before playing, unless the next player also lays down a 2, in which case the next person must draw four, and so on.
4. Laying down Queen of spades requires next player to draw five, unless that person can counter with a 2, and rules follow above.

I know alot of people think Crazy 8's is lame, but I've converted many over to the game. It's easy and can be played with as few as two or as many as five.

You could aslo try War or Black Jack. Have fun! :)

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
I really love to play canasta. Are there any other canasta players out there? I've played it with anywhere between 2 - 8 players. Generally, for 2 players I'll deal out a few more cards. For more 8 players, I'll deal out less cards. Yahoo games has really good instructions on how to play canasta and a free online version that you play, which is great for learning, at games.yahoo.com.

The Shirt

Practically Family
I love canasta! It's a family tradition for the holidays. We generally play for 6-8 hours at a time or until the snacks are gone and we can no longer keep our eyes open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24