Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Bathing Suits

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
i just bought this one this morning..
i cant wait til it gets here, I REALLLLLLLY hope it fits :) :)
bath1_th.jpg

LadyStardust

Practically Family
I love the supposed June Allyson swimsuit, it's divine! :)
And both your suits, decobelle and exquisitebones, those are knockouts! :eusa_clap

As soon as I get my tax return I plan to splurge on either the Ruby or Ivy from Revamp. I know the Ivy would be better for my skin tone/hair color/ general aesthetic, but I think I'll end up going for Ruby because it is just too delicious! :p
ruby-1.jpg

olive bleu

One Too Many
LadyStardust said:
I love the supposed June Allyson swimsuit, it's divine! :)
And both your suits, decobelle and exquisitebones, those are knockouts! :eusa_clap

As soon as I get my tax return I plan to splurge on either the Ruby or Ivy from Revamp. I know the Ivy would be better for my skin tone/hair color/ general aesthetic, but I think I'll end up going for Ruby because it is just too delicious! :p
ruby-1.jpg

GASP!!:eek: :eek: Gorgeous!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Hee, I've always thought the same of it. :) I can't wait to buy it! :)

Here's another repro, this time Edwardian, which I'm terribly fond of, but I don't think I'm confident enough to wear it. :eek: [huh] :(
076nautswim40.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Honey Doll that is one of my fav suits! It's not really in my price range but a girl can dream!

Bad news ladies the blue suit I bought although the right measurements doesn't fit. Well it's not so much that it doesn't fit it's just that I'm having a little trouble zipping it up. I'm kinda embarrassed to ask the bf for help with this. :eek:

Anyway, I just got this little number in the hopes that it will fit.

40732112_o.jpg

olive bleu

One Too Many
here is a new suit at STOP STARING..this is adorable.It would be too fussy for my body type, but would be precious on the right person.

DTTYS-12%20BBWWD%20ZM.jpg

Viviene

Vendor
Just wanted to say thanks to you ladies for giving your opinions on my bathing suit shots. I re-shot the 1950s suit I've had forever on Friday and changed the pictures. The suit was purchased yesterday!

Here's the new shot. The old shots are on this thread.

42417031_o.jpg

I saw this setup for swimsuits on someone else's auctions and it looked great so all my suits are done this way now and the looks they are getting are out of this world. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Viviene

Vendor
I can't take credit for it. I was looking at listings on Ebay and found one shot this way and loved it. It really highlights the suit's positive points much better than a full mannequin shot. :)

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
i know somr of you on here suits from my baby jo...
how did your experience go?

I mean, I ordered my suit over a week or so ago... and STILL no suit.
I emailed her the other day and she said it would ship Monday (yesterday) and I would get an email with tracking.. STILL no email.. Plus Monday, was a week since i paid for the bloody thing. who waits a week to ship when their website says 2 days?

argh.. and to top it off i paid 10 dollar shipping for a flippin swimsuit??!?!?!

i just want my suit?

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
exquisitebones, that's too bad that your order is taking so long. Everything I've ordered from mybabyjo has arrived very quickly (I agree the shipping cost is high).

Cherry Bombb, I'm so glad you posted the mention of the Sunkissed book. Mine arrived and I love it.

By the way, I shared it with my mom (who will be ordering one herself) as she collects vintage beach & bathing beauty items. I also showed her this

jitterbugdoll said:

photo of Jitterbugdoll from earlier in this thread, and she (understandably!) assumed it was a copy of a picture from the book!

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Here's a bathing suit question for you ladies: I have an early 50s bathing suit sewing pattern (unfortunately I haven't got a photo of it) in three pieces: Bra halter top, flared bloomers and a very short pleated skirt.

My question is: Are you supposed to wear all three pieces at the same time, with the skirt over the bloomers? It sounds a bit bulky around the waistband to me. The 'material required' chart is listed with all three pieces. Nor is the skirt a longer one, like the kind you're supposed to wear over the bloomers when you need to look more decent and dressed. I'm confused ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo